Exam results from other universities (domestic or abroad) as well as from other studies programs at the University of Tuebingen can be recognized for your current studies program at the Department of Computer Science by the board of examiners. You can file an application for recognition of exam results with the board only if you are currently enrolled in one of the department's B.Sc. or M.Sc. studies programs.
What you need for your application
- filled-out form of application (see below), including your complete contact information, phone number, e-mail address, matriculation number and studies program/prospective degree.
- a tabulated overview of your exam results to date in all courses required in your program (see below).
- proof of your exam results (certificate, transcript of records) – a copy or scan suffices. Please note that ungraded courses will enter calculation as being graded with a grade of 4.0.
- descriptions of the subject matter of externally obtained exam results: course descriptions, excerpts from module handbooks, content descriptions of classes etc.
What you will need to keep in mind regarding exam results from abroad
- please use this conversion table (German only) for calculating grades and credit points obtained abroad.
- if your module descriptions, certificates and documentation are not available in English, French, Spanish, Italian or Turkish – and especially if your documents are written in a different alphabet, such as Korean, Arabic etc. – we ask you to provide notarized translations.
What you will need to keep in mind regarding choice of courses and their recognition in Tuebingen before embarking on a semester abroad
Facts and Procedures
- The board of examiners (Pruefungsausschuss) decides whether to approve an application in one of its sessions, which are held twice in each semester.
- Please address applications to Prof. Menth, head of the board of examiners (Bio- and Media Informatics, B.Sc. and M.Sc.), or to Ms. Jendreyko, coordinator of studies (Cognitive Science).
- For recognition of exam results in Medical Informatics please follow this procedure: fill out the tabulated overview of exam results and send it to Prof. Walter via e-mail. His secretary will contact you to settle on a date for a personal meeting, for which you should then bring your original documents. Prof. Walter will send his decision on the application for recognition to Ms. Weber at the examination office (Pruefungssekretariat) (contact details below).
- Applications must be handed in to the responsible examination offices (personally, via paper mail, or via e-mail; contacts: secretary of Prof. Menth, secretary of Prof. Walter), or, in the case of Cognitive Science cases, solely via e-mail (Ms. Jendreyko).
- The board of examiners for Computer Science, Bioinformatics, and Media Informatics will next be in session on January 30th, 2019, 4–6 p.m. Please hand in your applications by January 18th, 2019.
- The board of examiners for Cognitive Science will next be in session on January 30th, 2019, 2–4 p.m. Please hand in your applications by January 18th, 2019.
- Bachelor students: please choose the tabulated overview corresponding to the examination regulations of your studies program.
- For rules regarding holiday semesters and for internships, please refer here.
Recognition in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Media Informatics
Recognition in Medical Informatics
|Secretariat Prof. Walter||Suzanne Clauß|
|Contact Details|| |
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung - ZDV
Wächterstr. 76, 72074 Tübingen
|Telephone||07071 - 29 70201|
|Service Hours||Mo-Fr: 8.30 - 12.30 Uhr und 13.30 bis 17.00 Uhr|