PhD candidates in an advanced stage of their doctoral studies and Postdocs who have earned their PhD in the last 4 years preferably from strategically important partners of the University of Tübingen.
- Academic ties with the Professor with whom the candidate is placed are essential
- Classes must be held for a minimum of 2 teaching hours/week (2 SWS)
- The classes offered must be made public and be open to all students.
- The classes offered are not allowed to replace basic teaching and should be designed to attract a large number of students.
- The classes offered must be held in English or another foreign language (philology).
- The candidate must attend an informative event and an intercultural training during the two weeks before teaching starts
- PhD candidates EUR 1468/month
- Postdocs EUR 1853/month
2. Remuneration for teaching (min. 2 SWS/max. 6 SWS)
- PhD candidates EUR 25/teaching hour (SWS)
- PostDocs EUR 50/teaching hour (SWS)
3. Travel expenses for travelling to Tübingen up to EUR 1000 (documented costs, no reimbursement of moving expenses or travel expenses of family members)
4. Child benefit
- EUR 400/month (1. child)
- EUR 100/month (each additional child)
Duration of stay: 1-2 semesters (min. 6 months/max. 12 months)
Suggested arrival period: 15th – 31st March (starting summer emster) or 15th – 30th September (starting winter semester)
Applications can be submitted from 1st May/1st October. The application is submitted online via the application portal: https://www.antraege-zv.uni-tuebingen.de
Please note: two PDF documents must be uploaded as follows
- Letter of support from the hosting professor at the University of Tuebingen (max. 2 pages)
- Cover letter from the candidate stating his/her motivation for participating in the Teach@Tübingen program (max. 2 pages)
- CV (max. 2 pages)
- List of most important publications (max. 10, max. 1 page)
- Proven teaching experience (max. 1 page)
- Course(s) which will be taught in Tübingen including the title of the planned course(s), the type of class (lecture, seminar...), the number of teaching hours taught per week (SWS), and a short abstract on the contents of the planned course(s) (max. 1 page per course)
- Contents of proposed research (max. 1 page)
- Max. 2 further reference letters
2. PDF: Certificate of the candidate's most recent university degree (Masters or PhD)
June, 20 Visit: from April, 1 the following year
November, 20 Visit: from October, 1 the following year