Advanced doctoral students and postdocs who have completed their doctoral thesis within the last 4 years. Preferably from strategically important partners of the University of Tübingen, but this is not essential. Applicants from other universities are of course also welcome to apply for the fellowship.
- Academic relations with the potential hosting professor at the department where the fellow is planning to spend his visit are essential.
- Classes of at least 2 teaching hours per week (2 SWS) must be held.
- The classes offered must not replace the basic teaching (basic/undergraduate classes or introducory classes) and should be designed to attract a various number of students. We want to prevent the courses offered from reaching only a very small target group of students.
- The courses offered should be open to the public and accessible to all students.
- The lessons offered should be held in English or another foreign language.
- It is mandatory for the fellow, to attend an introductory meeting and workshop on teaching at German universities in the two weeks prior to the start of the semester.
June 20 visit from April 1 of the following year
November 20 visit from October 1 of the following year
- Duration of stay: 1-2 semesters, but maximum 2 semesters (1 year)
- Arrival period: 15-31 March (starting summer semester) or 15-30 September (starting winter semester)
The application for the Teach@Tübingen Fellowship consists of two PDF documents which have to be uploaded separately. What the two documents have to include can be found below. Please make sure that your application documents are complete. Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
1st PDF Document
- Support letter from your hosting professor at the University of Tübingen (max. 2 pages)
- Cover letter of the applicant (max. 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages)
- List of the most important publications (max. 10 publications, max. 1 page)
- Proven teaching experience (max. 1 page)
- Courses to be taught in Tübingen, including the potential title of the courses planned, type of course (lecture, seminar...), number of teaching hours/per week (SWS) and a short summary of the contents of the courses planned (max. 1 page per course).
- Content of the research project (max. 1 page)
- Maximum 2 further reference letters
2nd PDF Document
- Certificate/Confirmation of the applicant's last university degree (Master's or PhD)