Paulo Guilherme Santos, PhD student at the Carl Friedrich von Weizsäcker Center and at the Universidade Nova de Lisboa, received together with Reinhard Kahle the Amílcar Sernadas Logic Prize for the paper k-Provability in PA (ex aequo with Sérgio Marcelino).
European Academy of Sciences and Arts
Prof. Dr. Klaus Mainzer, Senior Professor at the Carl Friedrich von Weizsäcker Center, was elected as President of the European Academy of Sciences and Arts.
Foundation board of the Udo Keller Foundation
Prof. Dr. Klaus Mainzer, Senior Professor at the Carl Friedrich von Weizsäcker Canter, was elected head of the foundation board of the Udo Keller Foundation (starting 2021).
The Udo Keller Foundation Forum Humanum supports for a long time the University of Tübingen in the context of the Forum Scientiarium, in particular by supporting the Carl Friedrich von Weizsäcker endowed professorship for Philosophy and History of Science and the Carl Freidrich von Weizsäcker Center.
We are happy to announce that the YouTube Channel of the Weizsäcker Center was launched!
- Kahle, R.: Review of Gerhard Jäger and Wilfried Sieg, editors. Feferman on Foundations: Logic, Mathematics, Philosophy. Contributions to Logic, vol. 13. Springer, 2017. Philosophia Mathematica, Volume 28, Issue 3, October 2020, pages 421–425
- Sikimić, V., Nikitović, T., Vasić, M. & V. Subotić. Do Political Attitudes Matter for Epistemic Decisions of Scientists? Review of Philosophy and Psychology. 2020.
- Kahle, R. & Rathjen, M. (eds.): The Legacy of Kurt Schütte. Springer, 2020.
- Kahle, R.: "Sehr geehrter Herr Professor!'' Proof Theory in 1949 in a Letter from Schütte to Bernays. In R. Kahle and M. Rathjen (editors): The Legacy of Kurt Schütte, pages 3-19. Springer, 2020.
- Sikimić, V.: Science Policy. Column in the June issue of The Reasoner. 2020.
- Mainzer, K.: Künstliche Intelligenz: „Post Corona“. 2020.
- Mainzer, K.: Grundlagen, Forschung und Philosophie: „Post Corona“. 2020.
The Carl Friedrich von Weizsäcker Center and Forum Advise are happy to announce the upcoming workshop on Responsible Life Science Policy between Public and Private Funding. The workshop will be held online in November 2020. The event description and the list of confirmed panelists are available on the following link: https://forumadvise.wordpress.com/events/
Workshop at the annual meeting of the Gesellschaft für Informatik, INFORMATIK2020