The Humboldt Lecture Series gives Humboldt fellows who spend some time at Tübingen University the opportunity to present their work to a broader faculty. It thereby provides a platform to discuss the research of some of the most excellent researchers from all over the world in an interdisciplinary context. Additionally, the Humboldt Lecture Series is meant to be a meeting point for all international scholars at Tübingen University.
The Humboldt Lectures are jointly organised by Welcome Center of Tübingen University, the Humboldt Club and Forum Scientiarum.
The lecture series is supported by Alexander vom Humboldt Stiftung/Foundation
06.11.2019, 6.30 p.m.
• Welcoming addresses:
• Prof. Dr. Peter Grathwohl, Vice-President for Research, University of Tübingen and Dr. Melanie Hanslik (Humboldt Foundation)
• Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Peter Dayan (Neuroscience), Max Planck Institute Tübingen: Neural Reinforcement Learning
The lecture will be followed up by a reception.
04.12.2019, 6.30 p.m.
• Dr. Pengfei Xia (Applied geosciences), National University of Singapore: Harnessing CRISPR-Cas Systems for Carbon Conservation
• Dr. Daniel Gregory (Philosophy), Australian National University: Can You Have Memories During Dreams?
08.01.2020, 6.30 p.m.
• Prof. Dr. Seyoon Kim (Theology), Fuller Theological Seminary Pasadena: ‘Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God’ (Romans 12:19). The Apostle Paul and the Lex of Talions
• Dr. Ada Agada (Philosophy), University of Calabar: The Universalization Question in African Philosophy and the Challenge of Consolationism
05.02.2020, 6.30 p.m.
• Dr. Özgür Bulut (Paleoanthropology), Ankara University: Facial Reconstruction: Imaging the Faces from the Past
• Dr. Dalia Nassar (Philosophy), The University of Sydney: Romantic Empiricism and the Emergence of Ecology
After the lectures we will have the opportunity to continue the discussion, have fun, and network over a glass of wine.
All lectures take place at Forum Scientiarum.