Anne Burkhardt studied film and theatre studies in Mainz and obtained her doctorate as a scholarship holder of the DAAD and the Landesgraduierten-förderung Baden-Württemberg at the Institute of Media Studies (IfM) of Tübingen on the cinematic processing of the inner-Columbian conflict. She has been a research assistant at the IZEW since 2016.
- Conflict and violence research
- Media analysis
- Media ethics
- Empirical social research
Anne Burkhardt studied Film and Theatre Studies in Mainz, Germany. In 2017, she finished her PhD at the Institute of Media Studies (University of Tübingen) with a doctoral thesis about the representation of the Colombian armed conflict in fictional film. From 2007 to 2013, Anne Burkhardt lived and worked in Colombia as a researcher and a media practitioner. Between 2014 and 2016, she performed as a lecturer and research assistant at the Institute of Media Studies and the Center for Media Competence (University of Tübingen). Since August of 2016, Anne Burkhardt works as a research associate at the IZEW.
- University Partnership Scholarship of the Universidad de los Andes in Bogotá (2004)
- DAAD Short Scholarship for Theses Abroad (2007)
- DAAD Graduate Scholarship for Research Abroad (2009-2011)
- Scholarship of the Landesgraduiertenförderung Baden-Württemberg (2011-2013)