Gisela Mackenroth studied sociology and human geography at the Bachelor's level and sociology at the Master's level in Jena. There she worked as a scientific assistant and tutor. Since 2017 she has been a lecturer at the Institute for Sociology in Jena and Munich. She is currently a research assistant at the IZEW of the University of Tübingen.
- Political Sociology
- Sociology of art
- Urban and spatial sociology
- Currently research associate at the IZEW of the Eberhard Karls University Tübingen.
- Since 2017 (with interruptions) lecturer at the University of Jena and Munich.
- 2010 to 2017 student and scientific assistant, as well as tutor for sociological theory and macrosociology.
- 2013 to 2016: Master's degree in sociology with focus on "Social Change and Diagnosis of Time" at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena.
- 2009 to 2013: Bachelor studies in Sociology and Human Geography at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena.