Answers to a variety of questions that the staff council receives are provided on this page. The answers provide some useful information, but do not always replace a personal consultation. Please note: the staff council is neither authorized nor in a position to offer legal advice. To this end, it is always advisable to seek advice from a lawyer. We can merely provide practical information here without any binding legal claim.
Our FAQs are currently being translated into English. The English versions will be made available here as soon as possible.
Vacation, Leave of Absence, Sabbatical
- Vacation planning: what is the legal basis?
- In what instances is a leave of absence possible?
- How do I request educational leave (according to the Bildungszeitgesetz)?
- How do I request a sabbatical?
Sick Leave, Workplace Accidents, Vocational Reintegration
- How do I give notice of my absence in the event of illness?
- What are the rules for continued remuneration during sick leave?
- What should I do in case of a workplace accident?
- What does vocational reintegration consist of in practice? (in German only)
- What is a written warning (Abmahnung)?
- What protection against unfair dismissal applies in the public sector?
Problems in the Workplace
- What can I do in cases of sexual harassment, bullying, or discrimination?
- What can I do if it gets very hot or cold at work?
- How do I get VDU/computer glasses?
- Can I get a height-adjustable desk?
- What should I do if there is a problem with cleaning services?
- What rules are there for business trips? (in German only)
- A family member needs care, what can I do? (in German only)
- How are retirement payment deductions determined? (in German only)
- Under what circumstances can I take part in a union strike? (in German only)
- What should I do if I suspect corruption?