Welcome to Tübingen - a city that is formed by its students
Small steps, narrow alleys and pointed gables shape the silhouette of old Tübingen on the way up to its castle. The Swabian university town of 90,000 inhabitants and 27,000 students combines the flair of a lovingly restored medieval centre of town with the colorful bustle and typical atmosphere of a young and cosmopolitan students' town.
Numerous sidewalk cafes, wine taverns and cozy students' pubs, special shops, restaurants and taverns invite visitors to stroll around and to pause here and there. Taking a boat trip in a famous "Stocherkahn" the boat exclusive to Tübingen navigated by a long wooden pole offers a scenic view of the picturesque Neckar waterfront with the famous Hölderlin Tower.
An advisory course is offered the week before courses start (October/April).
The course offers information about:
- Practical Issues: Registration, Medical Insurance…
- Life in Tübingen and orientation in the city
- How to study at the University of Tübingen
- Course guidance
- Time for special questions like seminars and class schedule…
- Tours through libraries and pc-labs
- Get to know the pubs and cafes of Tübingen in the evenings
- Party with all new international students
You can find more detailed information about the course on the international homepage of the university.
Apart from this advisory course, the School of Business and Economics always offers an orientation activity at the beginning of the semester. In the "Links" box on the right hand side, you will find various interesting links about the city itself, further orientation events, trips, sports and academic concerns.