Corey Savage is a postdoctoral researcher at the Hector Research Institute of Education Sciences and Psychology. His current research focuses on civic education, political socialization, educational effectiveness, and teacher characteristics in the U.S., Germany, and cross-nationally.
- Savage, C. (2019). Academic majors of social studies teachers and student achievement in the U.S. Teaching and Teacher Education, 84, 66-73. doi:10.1016/j.tate.2019.04.020
- Tatto, M. T., Savage, C., Liao, W., Marshall, S. L., Goldblatt, P., & Contreras, L. M. (2016). The emergence of high-stakes accountability policies in teacher preparation: An examination of the U.S. Department of Education’s proposed regulations. Education Policy Analysis Archives, 24(21), 1-57. doi:10.14507/epaa.24.2322.
- Chmielewski, A. K., & Savage, C. (2015). Socioeconomic segregation between schools in the United States and Latin America, 1970–2012. In G. W. McCarthy, G. K. Ingram, & S. A. Moody (Eds.), Land and the city: Proceedings of the 2014 land policy conference (pp. 394-423). Cambridge, MA: Lincoln Institute of Land Policy.
- Savage, C., Perkins, M., Heck, C., & McGarry, M. (2014). Fostering an environment for effective formative assessment and implementation of the Common Core. Principal Leadership, 15(3), 36-39.
- Savage, C. (2014). [Review of the book Marketing schools, marketing cities: Who wins and who loses when schools become urban amenities, by M. B. Cucchiara]. Teachers College Record, http://www.tcrecord.org ID Number: 17503.
- Savage, C. & Casalaspi, D. (2019, August) The role of course-taking and service learning for civic and political outcomes among community college students in the U.S. Paper to be presented at the annual meeting of the World Education Research Association, Tokyo, Japan.
- Savage, C. (2017, October). Political classroom instruction and its relationship to student civic knowledge and skills in the U.S. Poster presented at the bi-annual meeting of the LEAD Graduate School and Research Network, University of Tübingen, Tübingen, Germany.
- Lockwood, J. R., McCaffrey, D. F., & Savage, C. (2017, March). Errors-in-variables regression: Why Stata’s -eivreg- is wrong and what to do instead. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Association for Education Finance and Policy, Washington, D.C.
- Lockwood, J. R., McCaffrey, D. F., & Savage, C. (2017, March). Errors-in-variables regression: Why Stata’s -eivreg- is wrong and what to do instead. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Society for Research on Educational Effectiveness, Washington, D.C.
- Savage, C. (2016, March). How do teacher beliefs vary in the U.S. and what is the impact of teacher education? Exploring sources of variation within and between programs. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the Association for Education Finance and Policy, Denver, CO.
- Cowen, J. M., Savage, C., & Winters, M. (2014, September). Alternative teacher hiring pathways in Florida. Poster presented at the Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management International Meeting, Segovia, Spain.
- Chmielewski, A. K. & Savage, C. (2014, May). Socioeconomic segregation between schools in the United States and Latin America, 1970-2012. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Lincoln Institute of Land Policy, Cambridge, MA.
Ph.D., Educational Policy, Michigan State University
M.A., Education and Social Policy, New York University
M.Ed., Secondary Education, University of Massachusetts-Amherst
B.S., Psychology, University of Massachusetts-Amherst