The following criteria are prerequisites for admission to the program:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a field that includes a mathematical or statistical focus (mathematics, data/computer science, physics, economics, quantitative psychology and related fields) with an overall grade better than 2.5 (This refers to the German system where 1.0 is the highest. For queries concerning the equivalence of non-German qualifications please contact the program advisor.)
- Applications must include evidence of proficiency in the following fields: one- and multi-dimensional calculus, linear algebra, and either statistics or probability theory.
- Strong background in mathematics, statistics, and probability theory
- Basic/First knowledge in programming, algorithms, and data structure is required
The language of the master’s program is English with the following language requirements (any of the following will be regarded as evidence of proficiency):
- German Abitur with English as the first or second foreign language, attended until the last year of school (at least "gut").
- TOEFL iBT test (at least 79 points)
- IELTS (at least 6.5)
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) (B2 or higher)
- Accredited university degree of at least three years, entierly taught in English
- University entrance qualification obtained in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand
The next intake is for the Winter semester 2021/2022. Applications can be sent starting March 1, 2021. The deadline for applications for the QDS Master program is May 31, 2021. There are no application fees.
All students must submit an application. The requirements are listed above.
The studies program is taught annually, starting in winter semesters.
Please apply online for admission to the Master’s program here (from March 2021!).
Note that non-EU citizens have to pay 1500 Euros per semester in addition to the regular semester fees of about 158 Euros. A list of exceptions to these tutition fees can be found here.