Junior Research Group Leader and leading researcher on a number of projects researching environmental anthropology and history in Central Asia.
Abteilung für Ethnologie
Please make an appointment by email
Current news: research and teaching
- Féaux de la Croix, J., 2017. Iconic Places in Central Asia: the moral geography of pastures, dams and holy sites.
Transcript: Bielefeld. [Link]
- Junior Research Group, funded by the Excellence Initiative University of Tübingen: Environment and Society in Central Asia [link]
- Project of the Volkswagen Foundation:The “Social Life” of a River: environmental histories, social worlds and conflict resolution along the Naryn-Syr Darya[link]
- SFB 923:Salinization and soil degradation as threats to the agrarian orders in Russia, Kazakhstan/Tajikistan and Australia since 1945 [link]
You can download an overview of the research projects HERE!
- When do Age and Gender Matter? The Marshrutka Question in Kyrgyzstan' - a collaborative writing project. [link]
Open Discussion Events 2020
- January 2020 Departmental Writing Workshop
- January 2020 Rituals: Performance, Symbolic Communication or Habit?
- March 2020 Attempts to define Sacredness
- April 2020 From Eco-Nationalism to Eco-Racism?
- April 2020 Public Emotions
- May 2020 Methods Discussion around the red-letter Word ‘Bias’
- May 2020 Visual Media and Affect
- June 2020 Formal Debate: Post-Socialism – a useful category?
- June 2020 Anthropology of Futures and Uncertainties
- June 2020 Animal Agencies
- October 2020 Soft Infrastructures
- December 2020 Departmental Writing Workshop
- December 2020 Virtual Ethnographies