All applicants have to register at the Studentensekretariat of the University of Tübingen.
Applicants to the MA program will have to demonstrate that they meet the academic prerequisites for being admitted to the MA program. Please contact our secretary if you need further details.
The admission procedure, including complete information on the documents that have to be submitted, are described on the general admissions pages of the University of Tübingen. For country specific application requirements, please visit the following page.
Here international students can find more information about studying in Tübingen.
English Language Requirements B.A. and M.A. ISCL
- All courses in the Computational Linguistics program are taught in English. A high level of competence in English therefore is a prerequisite for successfully studying in the program.
- Formally, a proof of competence at least at the B2 level in the Common European Framework of Reference is required, and should be documented through one of the standard international tests (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.). The required scores are:
- IELTS: 6.0 or more
- TOEFL iBT: 79 or more
- Cambridge: First Certificate of English (FCE)
- Applicants with a German Abitur and applicants whose native language is English or who graduated from an English-medium school do not need an additional proof of English competence.
Admission Requirements M.A. ISCL
a successfully completed university degree
- with good grades (better than 2.5 in German grading scale),
- focused on computational linguistics or with a major focus on linguistics or computer science, including at least half of the material covered by the BA in Computational Linguistics in Tübingen, and
- good English language competence, at least at the CEFR level B2 (details see below)
- an obligatory motivation letter spelling out your background related to computational linguistics and your motivation for studying it