I am interested in biting flies and in the design of traps for their control. I have participated in several field works in Central and West Africa (Cameroon, Gabon and Ivory Coast). I started with the first field test of my trap, the ‘Sevi Trap’ (Lendzele et al., 2017) with the MSEG team in the Sora-Mboum Sahel Savanna of Cameroon. Since 2016 I am collaborating with the Cameroon-German DFG-research project with Dr. Albert Eisenbarth and PD Dr. Alfons Renz (University of Tuebingen, Germany) in a Tabanidae project at the Vina du Sud in the Adamaoua Plateau. Together with Leif Rauhöft from the University of Tuebingen, I am testing a novel trap (Sucking Cube) developed for trapping blood-hungry Simulium flies.
Morphotaxonomist, dissector and designing traps for the following insects: Glossines, Tabanids, Stomoxes, Mosquitoes, Ceratopogonids, Simulium and Ticks.
Identification and isolation of haemoparasites: Microfilaria, trypanosomes, plasmodium as well as viruses (FMDV) etc from vertebrate hosts and flies.
Serological diagnosis –ELISA Kits, Molecular diagnosis (rt RT PCR) and conventional PCRs.
Molecular Entomology Workshop in Tubingen in Germany from 30th July to 13 August 2017
Member (May 19/2016- present)-World Federation of Parasitologists (WFP)
Member (May 19/ 2016- present)-Danish Society for Parasitology (DSP)
Collaborator of Programme Onchocercoses (2016-till date)
Global Foot and Mouth Disease Research Alliance (2017till date)
Member of the International Society of Infectious Diseases (ISID)
Environmental FMDV transmission project funded by USDA-CEAH 2016-2017
Tabanids project in South Vina (supported by DFG 2016)
2012-Moderator and Presenter in a Conference at the Higher institute of Applied Medical Laboratory Sciences (HIAMS) Buea: Entitled- Medical Diagnostics with focus on Malaria diagnosis.
2015-Present Researcher in the Laboratory of Vector borne Parasite and infectious tropical diseases University of Dschang.
2017-Internship at the National Veterinary Laboratory (LANAVET) Garoua Cameroon to perfect on serological and molecular diagnostics.
2017 June: Vaccination of Domestic Birds against New Castle Disease, a joint project of CAPHAVET- MINEPIA
2016 till date: Post graduate student at the Disease Ecology and Computer Modeling Laboratory (DECML) of the Ohio State University (USA).
General Parasitology (practicals in Laboratory and field) in the Department of Parasitology and Parasitic diseases in the School of Veterinary Medicine of the University of Ngaoundere.
Ref: Pr Mamoudou Abdoulmoumin (mamoudou.abdoulmoumini) @yahoo.fr
1. Sevidzem SL, Mamoudou A, Woudamyata AF, Zoli PA. Contribution to the knowledge of Eco-diversity and density of tsetse (Glossinidae) and other biting flies (Tabanidae and Stomoxyinae) in the fly controlled-infested livestock/wild life interface of the Adamawa plateau-Cameroon. Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies 2015; 3(5): 329-333
2. Mamoudou A, Payne V.K and Sevidzem S.L., 2015. Hematocrit Alterations in Naturally infected Indigenous Cattle Breeds due to Trypanosoma spp. In the Adamaoua Plateau-Cameroon. Journal of Veterinary World. 8(6): 813-818. Doi: 10.14202/vetworld.2015.813-818
3. Mamoudou Abdoulmoumini, Payne Vincent Khan and Sevidzem Silas Lendzele (2015). Current trends in the Prevalence of Bovine Trypanosomiasis, its Vector Density in Alme, Infested zone of Faro and Deo Division two decades after the tsetse eradication campaign. International Journal of Chemical and Biological Sciences. 9(3): 1588-1598, 2015 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4314/ijbcs.v9i3.38
4. Bamou R and Sevidzem S.L. ABO/Rhesus Blood Systems and Malaria Infection among Students of the University of Dschang-Cameroon. MWJ 2016, 7:4
5. Mamoudou A, Mbakou LM, Ngu Ngwa. V, Sevidzem SL, Zoli AP, Achukwi MD. 2016 Preliminary Assessment of Bovine Trypanosomiasis and its Vectors in Santa, Bali and Bafut sub Divisions of the, North West Region, Cameroon. Int. J. Biol. Chem. Sci. 10(1): 1-12, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4314/ijbcs.v10i1.1
6. Sevidzem Silas Lendzele, Mamoudou Abdoulmoumini, Acapovi-Yao Genevieve Lydie, Achiri Martin, Tchuinkam Timoleon, Zinga-Koumba Christophe Roland, Mavoungou Jacques François. First Inventory of Non-biting and Bitting Muscids of North Cameroon. Int. Res. J. Biological Sci. Vol. 5(10), 12-20, October (201 (2016).
7. Sevidzem Silas Lendzele, Mamoudou Abdoulmoumini, Kenne Nzokem Blaise, Lontsi Demano Michel, Akoge Irene. HIV/AIDS infection prevalence in an agriculture-dominated rural community of west region of Cameroon. Asian Pacific Tropical Medicine http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S2222-1808(16)61126-X
8. Mamoudou Abdoulmoumini; Sevidzem Silas Lendzele; Jean Marc Feussom, Abdoulaye Mfewou. Evaluation of efficacy of Deltamethrin 10%-impregnated screens in a tsetse endemic area in the Sudano-Sahelian region of Cameroon.
9. Mamoudou Abdoulmoumini, Nguetoum Ngouane Cyrille, Zoli Pagnah Andre, Sevidzem Silas Lendzele. Identification and Infestation of Ticks on Cattle in the Peri-urban Area of Ngaoundere, Cameroon. J Vet Sci Med Diagn 2016, 5:4. DOI: 10.4172/2325-9590.1000207
10. Mamoudou Abdoulmoumini, Mbanwei Marceline, Fongho Suh Pierre, Sevidzem Silas Lendzele, Farikou Oumarou, Rebecca Gerabed, Manchang Kingsley and Achukwi Daniel Mbunkah. Tabanids (Diptera: Tabanidae) fauna composition in different sites and biotopes of Far-North, Cameroon. Journal of Biology and Nature. 2016, 6(3): 146-154,
11. G. L. Acapovi-Yao, Sevidzem Silas L, M. Desquesnes, M.L. Dia. An updated list of Tabanidae (Diptera: Insecta) in Ivory Coast. J Insect Biodivers Syst. 2017. 03(1): 69–79. zoobank.org/References/1406241A-F142-4628-AA03-15A6CC0AB8F1
12. Abdoulay Mfewou, Fon Dorothy Engwali, Sevidzem Silas Lendzele. From Sustainable Under-Development in the Pioneer Fronts: The Case of Benoue Agricultural Production Area, North Cameroon International Journal of Research in Geography (IJRG) Volume 3, Issue 1, 2017, PP 8-15 DOI: dx.doi.org/10.20431/2454-8685.0301002
13. Abah Samuel, Njangloga Alexandre Michel , Andre Zoli Pagnah, Mamoudou Abdoulmoumini, Sevidzem Silas Lendzele, Abdoulkadiri Souley, Yaya Aboubakar, Simon Dickmu, Stephen , Tchuinkam Timoléon. Commercial Acaricides in Pour-on Formulation react differently in reducing tick numbers on Cattle in Extensive and Intensive Management Systems in Bockle, North Cameroon Direct Res. J. Agric. Food Sci 2017. Vol.5 (5), pp. 232-238
14. Jacques François Mavoungou, Rodrigues Nguema Mintsa, Geneviève Lydie Acapovi, Roland Zinga Koumba, Franck Mounioko, Sevidzem silas Lendzele, Ingrid Kindzi Bakakas, Jérémie Gilles, Gérard Duvallet, Bertrand M’Batchi, Nicolas Picard. Breeding Sites of Stomoxys spp (Diptera: Muscidae), a Preliminary Study in the Makokou Region (North-East-Gabon). Vector Biol J 2017, 2:1 DOI: 10.4172/2473-4810.1000115