J. Philipp Wagner
Philipp studied chemistry at the Justus-Liebig-University Gießen, where he obtained a Master's degree in 2012. After that, he pursued his PhD under the guidance of Prof. Peter R. Schreiner on the effects of quantum mechanical tunneling and London dispersion in organic chemistry. In 2016, Philipp joined the group of Prof. Mike Duncan at the University of Georgia in Athens as a postdoctoral research fellow doing infrared laser spectroscopy on rather exotic molecules in the gas phase. In 2018, he returned to Germany as a postdoc in Prof. Holger Bettinger's group and became an independent research group leader at the University Tübingen in 2019.
- Liebig Fellowship of the Fonds der Chemischen Industrie (2019)
- Feodor Lynen return fellowship of the Alexander von Humboldt-Foundation (2018)
- Dissertation award (section natural sciences) of the JLU Gießen (2017)
- Feodor Lynen fellowship of the Alexander von Humboldt-Foundation (2016-18)
- Doctoral fellowship of the Fonds der Chemischen Industrie (2013-15)
- Book price of the Freunde der Chemischen Institute e.V. (2009)