- Innovation Grant: "Marbles AI -- Towards General Artificial Intelligence in Games" (DFG-Project Zukunftskonzept 63)
- GK Best Paper Award (2014-2016) for the publication "Just Imagine! Learning to Emulate and Infer Actions with a Stochastic Generative Architecture" in Frontiers in Robotics and AI
- Nomination: Best Student Video 2016 of the AAAI for the video contribution "Mario Becomes Social!"
See also SWR (television), Radioeins, SWR3, SWR4, Wueste-Welle (radio), Scinexx (German news), Uni-Tübingen Press, Gizmag, The Stack, Quartz (English), Puissance Nintendo (French), Tendencias21 (Spanish), Nanopress (Italian), Genk (Vietnamese), cnBeta (Chinese), ...
- Peoples Choice Award 2015 of the AAAI (Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence) for the video contribution "Mario Lives! An Adaptive Learning AI Approach for Generating a Living and Conversind Mario Agent"
See also: Spiegel, SWR, Heise, theGuardian, Huffington Post, BBC, Time magazine, CNET, TheVerge, Newsweek, Science|Business, Le Monde, ...
- Stipend: Landesgraduiertenförderung (post graduate funding of the state) for the Ph.D. project "Modeling Biological Motion Perception and Perspective-Taking to Explain Mirror Neurons"