Dr. Thomas Piecha
University of Tübingen
Department of Computer Science
Office hours: by appointment
- Constructive semantics
- General proof theory
- Proof-theoretic semantics
- Hypothetical reasoning
- Game-theoretic approaches to logic
- History of mathematical logic
- since 2009: Member of academic staff at the Department of Computer Science, University of Tübingen.
- 2012: PhD (Dr. rer. nat.) in Computer Science (University of Tübingen), with a thesis on game-theoretic semantics for definitional reasoning and implications as rules. Supervisors: Prof. Peter Schroeder-Heister and Prof. Reinhard Kahle.
- 2007-2009: Scholarship of the Landesgraduiertenförderung (University of Tübingen)
- 2006: Magister artium in Philosophy (University of Tübingen), with a thesis on physical models of computation, hypercomputation and Church's thesis. Supervisors: Prof. Peter Schroeder-Heister and Prof. Herbert Keuth.
- 2004: Diploma in Physics, minor subject: Computer Science (University of Tübingen), with a thesis on physical foundations of quantum computation. Supervisors: Prof. Hanns Ruder and Prof. Klaus-Jörn Lange.
- Lectures: Theoretical Foundations of Logic Programming (SS18)
- Tutorial for Theoretical Foundations of Logic Programming (SS18)
Participation in research projects