Bioinformatic Vorkurs aims at introducing students to the basic computational issues. It is not going to cover entire programming taught in the Bachelor Bioinformatics course, rather it is meant to provide a starting point for those who are planning a career in bioinformatics, but have no experience with Linux-like systems and programming. It is a Vorkurs, therefore it does not award any ECTS points.
- Day1: Introduction to Linux and Bash scripting
- Day2: GitHub usage, Introduction to LaTeX, Basic programming concepts, Introduction to Python
- Day3: Scripting in Python
- Day4: Programming in Java
- Day5: Programming in Java
You need this course, if:
- You are a fresh student in Bioinformatics Masters course coming from non-computational background.
- You have no prior knowledge of the mentioned topics.
You really need this course, if you are going to take any of the lectures (regardless of the program), and have no computational background:
- Grundlagen der Bioinformatik
- Sequence Bioinformatics
- Advanced Java for Bioinformatics
You don’t need this course, if:
- You are comfortable in Linux
- You are able to script in Python
- You are comfortable programming in Java
Dates: 3rd to 9th April 2019, 9:00-17:00, Sand 14 (C412)
Language: The course is going to be taught in English.
Registration: Send an email to Sascha Patz