- Bachelor degree in subject related to machine learning i.e. computer science, mathematics, physics, and related fields with grade average of at least 2,3 (german system: 1,0 is best)
- mathematical skills on the level of the bachelor of computer science in Tübingen in one- and multi-dimensional calculus, linear algebra, and either numerical mathematics or probability theory
- skills in programming and in algorithms and data structures (theoretical analyis of algorithms)
Candidates are judged based on the level of interest and their personal fit with the program, for which we require a letter of motivation and a CV.
A good command of English language is essential. We accept any of the following proofs of such skills:
- German Abitur including at least 6 (G8) or 7 (G9) years of English.
- TOEFL iBT test with at least 94 points
- IELTS test with at least 7.0
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- University entrance qualification obtained in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand
Note that we make no exceptions - you need to have one of the certificates above.
The final decision is based on the overall affinity to the program.
The next intake is for the Winter semester 2020/2021. Applications can be sent starting February 2020. The deadline for applications for the Machine Learning Master program is April 30th, 2020. There are no application fees.
All students, including those holding a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, need to submit an application. The requirements are listed below.
The studies program is taught annually, starting in winter semesters.
Please apply online for admission to the Master’s program here (from Feburary 2020!).
Note that after the online application you have to print a one page summary, sign it and sent it via email to the international student office (details are given at the end of the online process).
Note that non-EU citizens have to pay 1500 Euros per semester in addition to the regular semester fees of about 158 Euros. A list of exceptions to these tutition fees can be found here.