I am interested in AEG, but am I qualified?
The program is designed for participants with training in natural sciences or engineering who want to acquire a well-founded scientific knowledge to be able to approach environmental problems from a multi-disciplinary angle and gain an internationally recognised high level of qualification.
Admission requirements are:
- a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Geosciences, Geoecology, Geophysics, Mineralogy, Physical Geography, Soil Science, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Sciences, Civil Engineering or a field related to environmental sciences with an overall grade (CGPA) equivalent to or better than 2,5 German grading system
- a good background in mathematics, chemistry, and physics
- English language proficiency equivalent to CEFR level B2 (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS)
Note: - German language proficiency is not required as the AEG program is taught completely in English.
- You don't need to have completed your Bachelor degree, you can also apply if you will graduate before October.
You still have some questions about the AEG program? Then check if they are answered here.
How do I get a place in the program?
Admission to the AEG program is competitive. The study places available per year are awarded according to qualifications and experience.
Do I need any German language qualification?
No, the program is completely taught in English.
Are there any course fees?
Administration fee: 158 €/semester
Tuition fees for non-EU citizens: 1500 €/semester
Contribution to excursion costs: approx. 300 € for the program
What are the living costs?
For information regarding living expenses etc. see the website of the Division for International Affairs, mainly the download "Information for Exchange Students".
What is about accommodation?
As it is difficult to find accommodation on the private market we will arrange accommodation for the international AEG students in dormitories. For information about the dormitories see the website of the "Studierendenwerk Tübingen-Hohenheim":
Are there any scholarships available?
Unfortunately the University of Tübingen and the AEG program cannot offer any financial support to students!
For financial assistance check the scholarship opportunities in your native country or see the scholarship database of the DAAD for information on German scholarship organisations:
In order to be considered for a scholarship some organisations require a letter from the University. We can send you this only after you have completed the online application procedure.
To apply for the AEG program please follow the online application procedure on the University's website.
The application portal will open on January 15th. Application deadline for the program is:
- 31st March for International (non-EU) citizens
- 15th July for German and EU citizens
Here you find detailed Information about the Application Procedure.