The CPG 2018 will take place on November 8th & 9th 2018 at the CCA-BW facilities of the University of Tuebingen. We are located in the building 'Lothar-Meyer-Bau' on Wilhelmstrasse 56.
The scientific sessions will be held in lecture hall 102 on the first floor. All other locations will be announced in the final programme.
A small fee of 10€ per participant is charged for lunch and refreshments. It is payable upon arrival at the registration (cash only).
University of Tuebingen
Geoscience department / CCA-BW
72074 Tuebingen, Germany
- By plane: fly to Stuttgart Airport (STR). From there you can take a direct bus (about 1h) to Tuebingen (Lane 828). If you travel in a group you may also consider a taxi (60-70€, ask for fixed price). For timetables and other options to get to Tuebingen from the airport check https://www.bahn.de/en/view/index.shtml
- By train: there are (almost) no long distance connections directly to Tuebingen. You will have to travel via Stuttgart Hbf (Main station). For train connections within Germany and Europe, check https://www.bahn.de/en/view/index.shtml
- By coach: there are several coach services that offer direct links between Tuebingen and cities all over Europe. This is usually by far the cheapest yet most time consuming option. The biggest and most popular carrier is Flixbus. At https://www.checkmybus.de you find and compare offers by all carriers.
Many hotels as well as the youth hostel are within walking distance (1-2 km) of the CPG venue. The bus stop 'Lothar-Meyer-Bau' is directly in front of the building and is served by the bus lines 1,2,6,7,21. If you arrive directly from the airport via bus, get out at 'Mohlstrasse' which is just 150m from the venue.
- Jugendherberge Tübingen / Youth Hostel, from 24€ p.p. incl. breakfast
Hermann-Kurz-Straße 4, 72074 Tübingen
Probably by far the cheapest option. Within walking distance (15-20 minutes) but also close to old town & main station.
Note: unfortunately we have just learned that the youth hostel is already fully booked the night fri/sat. So this will only be an option for those already planning to leave on friday night.
- Hotel Meteora, from 68€ p.p. (single room) incl. breakfast
Weizsäckerstraße 1, 72074 Tübingen
Closest option to venue, within walking distance (10 min) of old town and main station (20 min).
- Ibis Styles Hotel, from 90€ p.p. (single room) incl. breakfast
Friedrichstraße 20, 72072 Tübingen
Largest and most modern hotel. Close to main station and old town. Still within walking distance to venue (20 min).
- Hotel Metropol Garni, from 79€ p.p. (single room) incl. breakfast
Reutlinger Str. 7, 72072 Tübingen
Close to main station. Within walking distance (15min) to old town.
- Hotel Barbarina, from 68€ p.p. (single room) incl. breakfast
Wilhelmstraße 94, 72074 Tübingen
Close to venue (5min).
Many other but mostly more expensive options are also available.
|Thursday 8th November||17:00||Lecture Hall, Wilhelmstr. 56||Keynote Lecture|
|18:00||Seminar Room, Wilhelmstr. 56||Wine Reception|
|Friday 9th November||9:00 - 10:30||Lecture Hall, Wilhelmstr. 56|| |
|10:30 - 11:00||Seminar Room, Wilhelmstr. 56||Coffee Break|
|11:00 - 12:20||Lecture Hall, Wilhelmstr. 56|| |
|12:20 - 13:20||Seminar Room, Wilhelmstr. 56||Lunch Break|
|13:20 - 14:00||Seminar Room, Wilhelmstr. 56||Poster Session|
|14:00 - 15:20||Lecture Hall, Wilhelmstr. 56|| |
|15:20 - 15:50||Seminar Room, Wilhelmstr. 56||Coffee Break|
|15:50 - 17:10||Lecture Hall, Wilhelmstr. 56||Oral Presentations|
|17:10 - 17:30||Lecture Hall, Wilhelmstr. 56||Final Discussion|
|19:30||Ratskeller, Haaggasse 4||Dinner (self paid)|
The programme leaflet including the detailed schedule of all presentations is now available for download in the dowloads section below.