In the 2nd year of the programme, our students work on their Master's theses in the workgroup of the respective supervisor.
Beforehand they have to apply for the admission of the Master's thesis using the following form
If you intend to start your thesis, please fill out the form and hand it in directly to the Examination Office Mathematics and Physics (Mrs. Sandra Grahl, see https://uni-tuebingen.de/en/faculties/faculty-of-science/departments/mathematics/department/courses-programs/examinations/examination-office-mathematics-and-physics/).
Here, we list some currently open theses. Please note, that this is not a complete list and if you are interested in a special topic, please contact the specific Professor directly.
- Topics in the field of High Energy Astrophysics offered by the group of Prof. A. Santangelo: https://uni-tuebingen.de/en/99152
- Topics for Master theses offered by the working group of Prof. K. Werner are listed here: https://uni-tuebingen.de/en/146226
- Topics offered by Prof. B. Stelzer: https://uni-tuebingen.de/en/faculties/faculty-of-science/departments/physics/institutes/astronomy-astrophysics/institute/astronomie/research/junprof-stelzer-abteilung-astronomie/bachelor-master-projects/
- Topics in the group of Prof. W. Kley include various aspects in the early phases of stellar evolution and planet formation: Theory of accretion disks, formation and evolution of planetary systems from dust aggregates to fully grown planets. See also the youtube channel of the group https://www.youtube.com/user/CPTuebingen/videos. If you are interested, please contact Prof. Kley.
- Topics in the field of Dr. R. Kuiper, head of the Emmy-Noether-Group on Massive Star Formation: http://www.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de/~msf/EN-MSF/Vacancies.html
- Topics for Master theses in the working group of C. Schäfer in the department of Computational Physics: http://www.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de/~schaefer/teach/theses.html