M. Sc., B. Sc.
University of Tübingen
Applied Cognitive Psychology
Tel.: +49 7071 29-75616
Fax: +49 7071 29-5902
Adress for visitors:
Schleichstr. 4, 72076 Tübingen
6th floor, room 4.614
I have been a PhD student at the Department of Applied Cognitive Psychology at the University of Tübingen since September 2017. In a project funded by the Leibniz-WissenschaftsCampus, I investigate the potentials, benefits and risks of externalizing working memory processes (i.e. cognitive offloading) with mobile touch devices. My dissertation also deals with individual differences in cognitive offloading, such as the influence of metacognitions. Further, I focus on the long-term consequences of the offloading of memory processes for internal cognitive abilities.
Until 2017 I studied psychology at the University of Graz with a major in "Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience".
Journal Articles (peer review):
- Grinschgl, S., Meyerhoff, H. S., & Papenmeier, F. (in press). Interface and interaction design: How mobile touch devices foster cognitive offloading. Computers in Human Behavior.
- Kober, S. E., Witte, M., Grinschgl, S., Neuper, C., & Wood, G. (2018). Placebo hampers ability to self-regulate brain activity: A double-blind shame-controlled neurofeedback study. NeuroImage, 181, 797-806.
Conference Presentations and Talks:
- Grinschgl, S., Papenmeier, F., & Meyerhoff, H. S. (2020, March). Consequences of cognitive offloading: Boosting performance but diminishing memory. Poster accepted for the 62. Tagung experimentell arbeitender Psychologen (TeaP). Jena.[Conference cancelled due to Covid-19]
- Grinschgl, S., Papenmeier, F., & Meyerhoff, H. S. (2019, September). Offloading working memory improves performance but impairs long-term memory. ESCoP. Tenerife. [Talk]
- Grinschgl, S., Papenmeier, F., & Meyerhoff, H. S. (2019, July). Benefits and risks of offloading working memory processes. A-Dok. Mannheim. [Talk]
- Grinschgl, S., Papenmeier, F., & Meyerhoff, H. S. (2018, November). The impact of working memory capacity and tool design on cognitive offloading. 59th Annual Meeting of the Psychonomic Society. New Orleans. [Poster]
- Grinschgl, S., Meyerhoff, H. S., Schwan, S., & Papenmeier, F. (2018, July). Metacognitions as determining factors for cognitive offloading of working memory processes. A-Dok. Mainz. [Poster]
- Grinschgl, S., Meyerhoff, H. S., Schwan, S., & Papenmeier, F. (2018, March). Metakognitionen als Determinante für das Auslagern von Arbeitsgedächtnisprozessen. 60. Tagung experimentell arbeitender Psychologen (TeaP). Marburg. [No-Data Session Talk]