Research projects in machine learning are intended to give students an opportunity to get engaged in the ongoing research conducted in one of the groups and labs participating in the ML Master study program, for the duration of one semester (9 ECTS, 270 h). This course type aims to closely link the ML Master’s program to current research, and to thoroughly prepare students for their upcoming Master’s thesis. Study and exam performance are evaluated based on active participation, a presentation of results and in written reports.
If you are interested in doing a ML research project with us, please follow these steps:
- You must be in the second semester or higher of the ML master program, with very good grades.
- You need to have a solid math (analysis, algebra, statistics) and programming (python, PyTorch) background and prior experience in machine learning, computer vision or both. If you don't, please take the relevant courses before approaching us.
- Familiarize yourself with our latest research (last 2 years). You find all abstracts of our recent publications on this page. Read the papers that you find most interesting in detail and write down your comments or think about potential extensions.
- Send an email to Prof. Andreas Geiger that describes your programming experience, your research interests and your project ideas, if you have any. Mention the papers from us that you find most interesting and send us your comments/ideas. Please also attach your CV and transcripts.
We will then match your interest to one of our research projects.
- Bozidar Antic: Implicit Fusion
- Bernhard Jäger: Novel View Synthesis on KITTI-360
- Shrisha Bharadwaj: