Diese Kurzfilme wurden im Rahmen des Seminars "Rethinking Smart Cities as Smart and Sustainable Valleys" im Jahr 2020, mit Betreuung von Okesh Lohri und Karin Polit, in der Abteilung für Anthropologie an der Universität Tübingen produziert.
Die Filme können in einer Youtube-Playlist angesehen werden, oder alternativ über Links zu den einzelnen Filmen s.u.
Rethinking Smart Cities as Smart and Sustainable Valleys: Dehra Dun, India and Tübingen, Germany.
A Summerschool taught by Karin Polit and Okesh Lohri in 2020.
What makes urban life worth living in the 21st century? Is urban planning, that combines the needs of the inhabitants for modern infrastructure with environmental protection, economic success, social justice and the preservation of culturally important sites, possible? Can new approaches from the social sciences help support activists, scientists and urban planners?
In all their diversity, the cities of Dehra Dun and Tübingen have a lot in common.
The Summer School focuses on:
- different objectives and implementation of sustainable urban development in India and Germany
- concrete developments in sustainable urban planning in the two cities from an anthropological perspective and with interdisciplinary expertise
- discussions on possibilities for sustainable infrastructure
- the value of environmental, local, cultural heritage and its compatibility with economic progress
- create a new form of professional and cultural exchange and learning by presenting and discussing
- bring together students, young scientists* and experts* from Dehra Dun and Tübingen to discuss current discussions and developments
- initiate new perspectives together in science, research and urban planning.
For further information go to Smart Green Cities
A virtual city tour through Tübingen showing parts of the old town, the institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology at the castle Schloss Hohentübingen, as well as some sustainable projects; giving further explanations.