Katarina Roberts is a research associate at the Dept. of Oriental and Islamic Studies at the University of Tübingen since June 2021. She’s working on her doctoral thesis in Islamic Studies (Islamwissenschaft) on the pursuit of natural and occult sciences in postclassical Yemen.
She studied Islamic Studies and Gender Studies at the University of Zürich and wrote her Master’s thesis on the role of urban architecture and infrastructure in the legitimisation and realisation of French colonial rule in Algiers.
- Study counceling for B.A. SGKNO
- Coordinator for Erasmus
- Accreditation of academic achievements and internships & accreditation issues, semester abroad
- Academic certificates for the BAFöG- and examination office
- Social history and the history of science in the Islamicate world
- Power, authority and resistance through the ages
- Postcolonial theory and the history of colonialism
- Gender relations and queer theory
- The city and the human being