Since October 2020, Nicolas A. Hintermann is a research associate at the Dept. of Oriental and Islamic Studies. He is pursuing a PhD in Islamic Studies (Islamwissenschaft) on "Arabic-Muslim commentaries of Maimonides’ Dalālat al-Ḥāʾirīn".
He studied Islamic Studies, Philosophy and Ancient Judaism at the University of Zürich.
Summer term 2021:
Ü "Ibn Taymīya und sein Werk " (Wednesday, 14:15-15:45)
PS "Arabische Philosophie: Zwischen Wunsch nach Moderne und Forderung nach Aufklärung " (Tuesday, 12:15-13:45)
- Study counceling for B.A. SGKNO
- Coordinator for Erasmus
- Accreditation of academic achievements and internships & accreditation issues, semester abroad
- Academic certificates for the BAFöG- and examination office
- Philosophy in the Islamicate World
- Literary forms of knowledge transfer
- Arabic manuscripts
- Yemen as a center of scholarship