Postdoctoral Fellow, European Research Center on Contemporary Taiwan (ERCCT)
- 2022 Postdoc Fellow, Global Asia Research Center, National Taiwan University
- 2021Postdoc Fellow, Simone de Beauvoir Institute, Concordia University
- 2020-2021 Postdoc Fellow, Department of Sexology, Université du Québec à Montréal
- 2018 PhD in Anthropology *Mention of excellence for the best thesis in anthropology for the 2018-2019 academic year, Faculty of Social Sciences.
- 2014, Visiting Fellow, Department of Political Sciences, National Taiwan University
- 2011 M.A. in Anthropology
- 2010, Visiting Fellow, Institute of Ethnology, Academia Sinica
- 2009 B.A. in Anthropology
Dr. Keyser-Verreault research body politics and gender with a focus on beauty politics, maternity, aging and resistance in East Asia. She also has a deep interest in qualitative art-based, decolonial and intersectional methodologies. At Tübingen University, she is working on the "Taiwan als Pionier" research project. Dr. Keyser-Verreault conducts several years of field work in Taiwan. Fields of specialization: Taiwanese Studies; political anthropology of the body; gender inequalities; sexualities; fat studies; beauty studies; aging; resistance; intersectionality and postcolonial feminist approaches and methodologies; art-based methodologies; cultural studies; Foucauldian theory; neoliberalism.
Keyser-Verreault, A. (2021). Eating as a way of performing gender: Intersection of food, gender and human capital in Taiwan. In Rhee, J., Nagayama, C. & Li, E. (Eds), Gender and food in contemporary global East Asia. (pp. 183-202) Lexington Books.
Keyser-Verreault, A. (2021). Toward a Non-Individualistic Analysis of Neoliberalism: The Stay-Fit Maternity Trend in Taiwan. Ethnography (Impact Factor 1.29) (https://doi.org/10.1177%2F14661381211054027)
Keyser-Verreault, A. (2020). “I want to look as if I am my child’s big sister”: Self-satisfaction and the Yummy Mummy in Taiwan. Feminism and Psychology, 31: 4, 483-501 (Impact Factor 3.37) (https://doi.org/10.1177/0959353520973572)