Departure from Tübingen

Termination of enrollment

At the end of your stay you need to terminate your enrollment. You fill in the application for termination of enrollment:

Please turn in the application for termination of enrollment personally at the Studierendensekretariat (Wilhelmstr. 11). Usually the official certificate of termination will be issued directly. If you want to enroll at another German university you will need this certificate.

Without this official certificate of termination you will not be able to study at any German university!

You are welcome to keep the student ID-card. Any money on the card can be refunded at the Servicepoint of the Studierendenwerk in the Mensa Wilhelmstrasse 13.

If you have questions or encounter problems in the process of re-enrollment, please contact the Studierendensekretariat.

Unregistering and study duration certificates

For many scholarship programs (e.g. ERASMUS) you need a study duration certificate with your exact study dates. Please bring the form from your home institution to the office of Simone Hahne, Nauklerstrasse 2, room 8 when you personally unregister with her shortly before you leave. If you do not unregister personally, no certificate can be issued.

Unregistering with the city

Within a week before you depart, you have to unregister personally with the city you live in. In Tübingen you would unregister with the Bürgeramt Schmiedtorstrasse 4 Unfortunately they do not have an English website. German information is available under: Bürgeramt


You need to have all your course results registered in a transcript. If your course certificates are issued by the lecturers prior to your departure, you are welcome to pick them up and turn them in at the transcript issuing office personally. If they are not ready yet, or if you still need to send in term papers, the lecturers should send them to the transcript issuing office when they are ready. There is an internal postal system at the university called “Hauspost”. Do not ask them to send scans or email results as those cannot be entered in an official transcript.

You only receive one transcript (one list of all your courses with grades and ECTS). This means classes from other areas are registered with the transcript issuing office of your major.


Vera Klöckner
Wirtschaftswissenschaftliches Institut
Nauklerstrasse 47
D-72076 Tübingen
Tel.: +49·7071·29·78185

vera.kloecknerspam prevention@uni-tuebingen.de


Martina Ebi
Studiendekanat der Medizinischen Fakultät
Bereich Auslandsangelegenheiten
Geissweg 5/1
D-72076 Tübingen
Tel.: +49·7071·29·76485

martina.ebispam prevention@med.uni-tuebingen.de

Molecular Medicine

Elena Salakhyan
Studiendekanat der Medizinischen Fakultät
Bereich Auslandsangelegenheiten
Geissweg 5/1
D-72076 Tübingen
Tel.: +49·7071·29·73679

elena.salakhyanspam prevention@med.uni-tuebingen.de

Sports Science

Verena Burk
Institut für Sportwissenschaft
Wilhelmstr. 124
D-72074 Tübingen
Tel.: +49·7071·29·78425

verena.burkspam prevention@uni-tuebingen.de

Law (ERASMUS-only!)

overseas students need to bring the courses certificates to Simone Hahne for an international transcript!
Conny Bähring
Juristische Fakultät
Wilhelmstraße 7, Zimmer 226
D-72074 Tübingen
Tel.: +49·7071·29·78101

erasmusspam prevention@jura.uni-tuebingen.de

All other areas:

Simone Hahne
(Hauspost: Dez. V.1)
Nauklerstr. 2, Zimmer 8
D-72074 Tübingen
Tel.: +49·7071·29·77734

simone.hahnespam prevention@uni-tuebingen.de