At the end of your exchange stay you need to undertake several administrative steps:
At the end of your stay, you need to terminate your enrollment.
- You fill in the application for termination of enrollment
- Reason for termination: 4 Change of university
- Termination: at the official end of a semester or at your departure date
- Library endorsement: stamp of the University Library (Universitätsbibliothek)
- Full postal address in your home country
- Don't forget to sign it!
Please hand in your application for termination of enrollment directly at the University Library Lending Center (Ausleihzentrum der Universitätsbibliothek) OR send the application for termination of enrollment to the following Email-Address: : ortsleihe. Your application will be forwarded to the @ub.uni-tuebingen.deStudent Administration (Studierendensekretariat), automatically. Usually, the official certificate of termination will be sent by mail to you. If you want to enroll at another German university, you will need this certificate.
Within 1 weeks before you depart, you have to unregister with the city you live in. In Tübingen, you have two options. Either you get an appointment at the Bürgeramt or you use the online form. Unfortunately, they do not have an English website and all information and forms are available in German only.
You need to unregister at the International Office in person. For many scholarship programs (e.g. ERASMUS) you need a study duration certificate with your exact study dates. We will sign such study duration forms at your check out. The form for it ("Certificate of Departure" etc.) is provided by your home university.
Please note: We can sign any depature forms only 5 days in advance. For example if you leave Tübingen on February 27, we can sign your departure indicating February 27 as departure date at the earliest on February 22, but not on February 21. Please check if your home university demands the departure form to be signed even less than 5 days in advance
Please book an appointment for unregistering at this website
If you do not unregister personally, no certificate can be issued.
The achievements of the courses you completed will be issued at the end of your stay in a Transcript of Records (complete list of all attended classes with grade and ECTS). You receive only one transcript. Classes taken in other fields than your major will also be included in the transcript of your major.
Study fields which issue their own transcripts
Five study fields issue the transcripts for international exchange students themselves. If one of these fields is your major, your find your contact persons here:
The Incoming Team of International Office issues your transcript. The main email adress of the Incoming Team for course certificates and questions concerning transcripts is credits. @zv.uni-tuebingen.de
Procedure to receive your transcript:
- Your lecturers will issue a course certificate for the classes you attended after you have finished the classes
- Plesae inform your lecturers that they need to send the course certificates to email@example.com
- We cannot accept course certificates sent by students: They need to be sent by your lecturers
- You receive the course certificates in your Mobility Online account and can download and check them
- After we have received all of your course certificates, your official transcript will be issued and you can download it in your Mobilty Online account
On demand we send the official transcript directly to your home university. You can request in your Mobility Online account if your need it to been sent by email or by mail.