Institute for Ancient Near Easter Studies (IANES)
Department of Ancient Near Eastern Archaeology
|1986||Magister Artium (M.A.), University of Berlin (FU) (H. Kühne)|
|1979 – 1986||Studies in Altorientalistik, Classical Archaeology and Prehistory and Early History, Universities of Tübingen and Berlin (FU)|
|1995||Second Doctorate (Habilitation): Ancient Near Eastern Archaeology, University of Halle-Wittenberg (W. Orthmann)|
|1991||Doctorate: Ancient Near Eastern Archaeology, University of Berlin (FU) (H. Kühne)|
|Professor (C3) of Ancient Near Eastern Archaeology, University of Tübingen|
|1995 – 1996||GRF Heisenberg Scholarship|
|1995 – 1996||Associate Professor, University of Halle-Wittenberg|
|1994 – 1995||Research Fellow, Excavation Project: "Tall Chuēra", University of Halle-Wittenberg|
|1993 – 1994||Associate Lecturer, Saarland University, Saarbrücken|
|1992 – 1994||GRF Habilitation Scholarship|
|1991 – 1992||Research Fellow, Project: "Tall Schech Hamad", Institute of Ancient Near Eastern Archaeology, University of Berlin (FU)|
|1986 – 1990||Academic Assistant, Damasus Department, German Archaeological Institute|
- since 2011 Co-Editor, "Qatna Studien"
- since 2008 Editor, "Studien zur Urbanisierung Nordmesopotamiens"
- since 2000 Co-Editor, "Excavating Qatna"
- since 2009 Member of the Scientific Advisory Board, "Studia Chaburensia"
- since 2004 Peer Reviewer, "Istanbuler Mitteilungen des Deutschen Archäologischen Instituts"
- since 2000 Scientific Reviewer, GRF, Fritz Thyssen Foundation, Volkswagen Foundation
- since 1996 Corresponding Member, German Archaeological Institute