In my research I want to address the question whether and to which extent education can have an impact on personality development. Hereby, I am interested in contextual and reference group effects as well as the impact educational choices and transitions can have on personality development. Additionally, I am interested in questions about the assessment of personality, such as item framing. Within LEAD I can benefit from a wide range of disciplines and methods and the international research network. Furthermore I am happy about the structured dissertation framework provided by LEAD, which can help me in the process and progress of my PhD.
Intersection 3: Clinical and Personality Psychology and Education Sciences
|since 04/2017||Associated member of the LEAD Graduate School & Research Network|
|since 02/2017||Research scientist at the Hector Research Institute of Education Sciences and Psychology, University of Tübingen|
|2016||Semester abroad at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA (Research, Educational Measurement, and Psychometrics (REMP) Concentration)|
|2014 - 2016||Research assistant at the Hector Research Institute of Education Sciences and Psychology, University of Tübingen|
|2014 - 2017||Master's studies Empirische Bildungsforschung und Pädagogische Psychologie (M.Sc.), University of Tübingen|
|2014||Semester abroad at Universidad de Deusto Bilbao, Spain|
|2012 - 2013||Student assistant at School of Social Sciences, University of Mannheim|
2011 - 2014
|Bachelor's studies Psychology (B.Sc.), University of Mannheim|
- Braun, L., Göllner, R., Rieger, S., Trautwein, U., & Spengler, M. (2020). How state and trait versions of self-esteem and depressive symptoms affect their interplay: A longitudinal experimental investigation. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1037/pspp0000295
- Braun, L., Göllner, R., Rieger, S., & Spengler, M. (July, 2018). The Relation Between Self-Esteem and Depressive Symptoms: A Question of Item-Framing? Talk at the European Conference on Personality (ECP), Zadar.
- Braun, L., Usslepp, N., Nagengast, B., & Spengler, M. (Februar, 2018). Stehen Persönlichkeitsveränderungen in Zusammenhang mit Bildungsentscheidungen und -aspirationen von Auszubildenden und Studierenden [Are Personality Changes associated with Educational Decisions and Aspirations of Trainees and University Students?]. Poster presentation at the "Tagung der Gesellschaft für Empirische Bildungsforschung (GEBF)", Basel, Switzerland.
- Braun, L., Göllner, R., Rieger, S., & Spengler, M. (September, 2017). Der Einfluss des Itemframings auf den prospektiven Zusammenhang von Selbstwert und Depression [The impact of Item-Framing on the Prospective Relation between Self-esteem and Depression]. Talk at the conference "Differentielle Psychologie, Persönlichkeitspsychologie und Psychologische Diagnostik (DPPD)", Munich, Germany.
- Braun, L., Göllner, R., Roberts, B.W., Lüdtke, O., Nagengast, B., Trautwein, U., & Spengler, M. (August, 2017). Self- and Teacher Ratings of Student Characteristics as Predictors of Educational Success. Talk at the European Conference on Developmental Psychology (ECDP), Utrecht, Netherlands.