One of our central goals is to advance and support the careers of young academics and to establish a research environment that encourages creativity and early independence. An important characteristic of LEAD is that it provides career opportunities for young researchers beyond the doctoral level.
Implementation measures include
- systematic inclusion in doctoral supervision within the apprenticeship model,
- specific workshops at the post-doc level,
- participation in LEAD retreats,
- use of the PIs’ broad international networks,
- and the possibility to apply for intramural LEAD funds.
LEAD postdocs can apply to become members of the Tübingen Postdoctoral Academy for Research on Education (PACE) and benefit from its workshops, coaching, close mentoring and access to an international network of researchers to advance their academic careers.