Information for teaching staff

As a university teacher you are probably wondering how you can support students in your classes who have a disability or chronic illness, so that they can complete their studies successfully. It may be helpful for you to discuss it. You are welcome to contact the Student Counseling Service. Katrin Motta (Dipl.-Psych.) is the contact person in the central administration for students living with a disability or chronic illness, and she can assist.


Key information is summarized in the brochure Broschüre "Studieren mit Behinderung - Informationen für Lehrende" (Update: June  2013). 

Further information is available on the pages of the Verbandes der Studentenwerke website. 

The site also offers guidelines Leitfaden for supporting students across the spectrum of autism.