New vaccination program launched
Circular to all students and to all employees (except medicine)
The Baden-Württemberg state government has launched a new vaccination program for universities. The declared goal of the Ministry of Science is to use the summer to ensure that as many employees and students as possible have been vaccinated against Covid-19 by the start of the winter semester. This is also tied to the hope of being able to offer more face-to-face classes at the universities again in the fall. The university's President’s Office has set a target of offering around half of all classes in the winter semester on campus. A high proportion of vaccinated individuals will also make many other aspects of everyday university life easier, such as field trips. University management therefore support the new vaccination program, which the university will implement in cooperation with the Tübingen vaccination center.
Employees and students who would like to participate in the program can now register again on a separate booking portal and make an appointment for the initial vaccination. Until further notice, all vaccinations will take place at the Tübingen vaccination center in the Paul Horn Arena, Europastraße 50:
Please note the following information when booking:
- Please make sure to enter your email address correctly when booking your appointment.
- Please check all four boxes in the booking overview so that you receive the appointment confirmation and appointment reminders after your successful booking.
- All vaccinations are carried out with the vaccine from Biontech/Pfizer. Employees and students of the university cannot choose another vaccine via the booking page. If you would like a different vaccine, you can make a booking directly on the Tübingen vaccination center’s website.
- To counteract the spread of the delta variant, the university hospital and the university's medical service have agreed to shorten the interval between the first and second vaccination from six weeks to three weeks. The physicians hope that this will enable employees and students to build up a high level of vaccination protection more quickly.
- You book only the first appointment. When you attend your first appointment at the vaccination center, you arrange your second appointment on site. According to STIKO recommendations, this should take place three to a maximum of six weeks after your first appointment.
If you have successfully booked an appointment, you will receive a confirmation of the appointment by email. If you have not received an appointment confirmation within 24 hours, please send an email to veranstaltungen. @uni-tuebingen.de
Please allow me to make the following additional comments:
- At the vaccination center, students must show a University of Tübingen student ID card.
- Civil servants and employees covered by collective wage agreements must show their employee ID card at the vaccination center.
- Assistant lecturers, student assistants and research students should identify themselves as working at the University by showing an employer’s certificate (in the original). Certificates issued to you by Human Resources since May 11 can be presented in this context. If you have not previously requested an employer certificate, you may do so now. When booking your appointment, please note that it may take several days for the requested certificate to be delivered to you. On how to request an employer certificate, please see https://uni-tuebingen.de/en/university/information-on-the-corona-virus/newsfullview-coronavirus/article/university-to-issue-certificates-for-vaccination-priority/
- Please bring the following documents with you to your vaccination appointment: A printout of the email confirming your appointment, your ID card, your health insurance card, and your vaccination certificate. If you do not have a vaccination certificate, you will receive a vaccination certificate on site.
Please continue to be careful in your professional and private life even after you have received your first vaccination. It is clear that a high level of vaccination protection is not guaranteed until two weeks after the second vaccination. Therefore, the familiar hygiene rules apply to all employees and students within the University – regardless of the individual vaccination status – until further notice, i.e. keeping a minimum distance, airing rooms regularly, wearing a mask and washing your hands.
With best regards,
Dr. Karl G. Rijkhoek
(Public Relations Department)