+49 7071 29 74841
fax: +49 7071 29 5634
University of Tuebingen
Institute of Evolution and Ecology
Auf der Morgenstelle 28
since Mar 2019
Postdoctoral research associate in Marine Visual Ecology at the University of Tübingen (Germany)
Nov 2015 - Feb 2019
PhD in Visual marine ecology at the University of Tübingen (Germany). Dissertation: "Visual detection of a cryptic predator by its prey fish"
Feb 2015 - July 2015
Research Assistant at the Hydrobiological Marine Station Umberto D'ancona, Chioggia, University of Padova (Italy)
Honours in Marine Evolutionary Biology
Graduated in Marine Evolutionary Biology with a research project investigating how sexual selection acts in a population of a small marine fish, the marbled goby (Pomatoschistus marmoratus)
8. Neiße N., Santon M., Bitton, P.‐P., Michiels, N.K. (2020) Small benthic fish strike at prey over distances that fall within theoretical predictions for active sensing using light. Journal of Fish Biology 97: 1201– 1208.
7. Santon M., Bitton P.-P., Dehm J., Fritsch R., Harant U.K., Anthes N., Michiels N.K. (2020): Redirection of ambient light improves predator detection in a diurnal fish. Proceedings of the Royal Society B 287.
6. Bitton P.-P., Yun Christmann S.A.,Santon M., Harant U.K., Michiels N.K. (2019): Visual modelling supports the potential for prey detection by means of diurnal active photolocation in a small cryptobenthic fish. Scientific Reports 9, 8089.
4. Harant U.K.,Santon M., P.-P. Bitton, Wehrberger F., Griessler T., Meadows M.G., Champ C.M., Michiels N.K. (2018): Do the fluorescent red eyes of the marine fish Tripterygion delaisi stand out? In situ and in vivo measurements at two depths. Ecology and Evolution 8: 4685-4694.
2. Locatello L.,Santon M., Mazzoldi C., Rasotto M.B. (2017): The marbled goby, Pomatoschistus marmoratus, as a promising species for experimental evolution studies. Organisms Diversity & Evolution 17: 709-716.
1. Locatello L., Mazzoldi C.,Santon M., Sparaciari S., Rasotto M.B. (2016): Unexpected female preference for smaller males in the marbled goby Pomatoschistus marmoratus. Journal of Fish Biology 89: 1845-1850.