Office: Room 251, Lothar-Meyer-Bau
My research focuses on the processes involved during the production, evolution and interaction of the different igneous reservoirs of the Earth. I am particularly interested in crustal recycling mechanisms and their long-term role on the physical and chemical evolution of both the mantle and the continental crust. My geochemical tools include radiogenic, traditional and non-traditional stable isotopes applied to mantle and crustal rock samples of different scales ranging from whole-rocks to sub-grain size.
|Since April 2019|| |
Postdoctoral Fellow, Tuebingen University (Germany)
|July 2018- March 2019|| |
Postdoctoral Fellow, Macquarie University (Australia)
|Jan 2017 - July 2018|| |
Postdoctoral Researcher, GEOMAR (Germany)
|Oct 2014 - Jan 2017||Postdoctoral Researcher, WWU Münster (Germany)|
|May- Sept. 2014|| |
Postdoctoral Research Officer, Macquarie University (Australia)
|2014||PhD Geochemistry, Durham University (UK) and Macquarie University (Australia)|
|2010||MSc Earth Sciences, Laval University (Canada)|
BSc Earth Sciences, University of Western Brittany (France) and Laval University (Canada)
- Bezard R, Turner S, Davidson J, Schmitt AK, Lindsay J (2017) Origin and evolution of silicic magmas in oceanic arcs; an in situ Study from St Lucia, Lesser Antilles. Journal of Petrology 58: 1279-1318.
- Bezard R, Fischer-Gödde M, Hamelin C, Brennecka GA, Kleine T (2016). The effects of magmatic processes and crustal recycling on the molybdenum stable isotopic composition of Mid-Ocean Ridge Basalts. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 453: 171-181.
- Bezard R, Schaefer BF, Turner S, Davidson JP, Selby D (2015) Lower crustal assimilation in oceanic arcs: insights from an osmium isotopic study of the Lesser Antilles. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 150: 330-344.
- Bezard R, Turner S, Davidson JP, Macpherson CG, Lindsay JM (2015) Seeing through the Effects of Crustal Assimilation to Assess the Source Composition beneath the Southern Lesser Antilles Arc. Journal of Petrology 56: 815-844.
- Hébert R, Guilmette C, Dostal J, Bezard R, Lesage G, Bedard E, Wang C (2014) Miocene post-collisional shoshonites and their crustal xenoliths, Yarlung Zangbo Suture Zone southern Tibet: Geodynamic implications. Gondwana Research 25: 1263-1271.
- Bezard R, Davidson J, Turner S, Macpherson CG, Lindsay JM, Boyce AJ (2014) Assimilation of sediments embedded in the oceanic arc crust: myth or reality? Earth and Planetary science Letters 395: 51-60.
- Hébert R, Bezard R, Guilmette C, Dostal J, Wang CS, Liu ZF (2012) The Indus-Yarlung Zangbo ophiolites from Nanga-Parbat to Namche Barwa syntaxes, southern Tibet: First synthesis of petrology, geochemistry, and geochronology with incidences on geodynamic reconstructions of Neo-Tethys. Gondwana Research 22: 377-397.
- Bezard R, Hebert R, Wang C, Dostal J, Dai J, Zhong H (2011) Petrology and geochemistry of the Xiugugabu ophiolitic massif, western Yarlung Zangbo suture zone, Tibet. Lithos 125: 347-367.
- Dai J, Wang C, Hébert R, Li Y, Zhong H, Raoult G, Bezard R, Wei Y (2011) Late Devonian OIB alkaline gabbro in the Yarlung Zangpo Suture Zone: remnants of the Paleo-Tethys? Gondwana Research 19: 232-243.