PhD positions (m/f/d)
Faculty of Science, Institute of Applied Physics
Bewerbungsfrist : 01.09.2021
The Institute of Applied Physics is currently looking for the following positions
2 PhD students (m/f/d)
Within the field of soft matter physics, our group studies the fundamental structural properties, particularly the preparation of hybrid perovskite and molecular thin films for electronic devices like solar cells and light emitting diodes. In this context, we collect X-ray scattering data using specialized synchrotron facilities, e.g. at the ESRF in Grenoble or at Petra III in Hamburg. The research goal is the identification of new and complex materials for applications.
The research topics for the two PhD positions are on the one hand the preparation of thin films with a high throughput experimental setup and in situ characterization by synchrotron radiation, and on the other hand the data analysis of large X-ray scattering datasets with machine learning methods.
Further details on the research topics can be found at http://www.soft-matter.uni-tuebingen.de
Skills we would love to see:
- Master's degree in Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Nano Science or a related field is required.
- A Background in condensed matter physics
- Experience with X-ray or neutron scattering
- Preparation and characterization of thin films
- Experience with data analysis (especially with machine learning methods)
- Interest in interdisciplinary research
- Good computational skills (e.g. Python and/or MATLAB)
- Fluency in English
What we offer:
- Salary according to TV-L, E13 (50%) (limited to 3 years)
- Dissertation at the Faculty of Natural Sciences
- The opportunity to visit conferences, workshops, other research groups and summer schools.
- Responsibility to conduct your own research projects with a high amount of autonomy
- The possibility to work in an interdisciplinary team with regular access to large-scale synchrotron facilities.
The university seeks to raise the number of women in research and teaching and therefore urges qualified women academics to apply for these positions. Equally qualified applicants with disabilities will be given preference. The employment will be carried out by the central administration of the University of Tübingen.
Applications and inquiries should be sent until 01.09.2021 to softmatter @ifap.uni-tuebingen.deZurück