Rheingasse 10, D-78462 Konstanz
Informed by a social constructivist view, my research interests include
- online intercultural communication,
- English as a lingua franca and lingua franca pedagogy,
- English language teaching,
- foreign language teacher education.
Based on European research projects, recent articles include
- "MY English - a social constructivist perspective on ELF" (JELF 2018, 7/1),
- “Towards the reconciliation of ELF and EFL” (In N. Sifakis & N. Tsantila, English as a Lingua Franca for EFL Contexts. Multilingual Matters, 2018),
- “Learner agency and non-native speaker identity in pedagogical lingua franca conversations" (with P. Hoffstaedter, CALL 2017, 30/5).
Current EU project activities:
- TeCoLa - Pedagogical Differentiation through Telecollaboration and Gaming for Intercultural and Content Integrated Language Teaching (Sept 2016 - August 2019) (www.tecola.eu)
- TILA - Telecollaboration for Intercultural Language Acquisition (Jan 2013 - June 2015) (www.tilaproject.eu)
I am founding director (since 1998) of the Steinbeis Transfer Center Language Learning Media / Sprachlernmedien [Link]