Sara’s primary research interests are in gender studies, theory and history of art, reception theory, modernist and postmodernist art and literature, and in particular, in the reception of St. Sebastian, Mishima, and Rumi in queer culture.
Department of English
Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen
- Since 2019: Research assistant and lecturer for Prof. Dr. Ingrid Hotz-Davies, Department of English Literature and Gender Studies, Faculty of Philosophy, Eberhard Karls University Tübingen
- Co-coordination of the Erasmus Mundus M.A. "Crossways in Cultural Narratives" (from 2018) with Prof. Dr. Ingrid Hotz-Davies
- Aug. 2019-Oct. 2019: Research Scholarship awarded for the second time by Global South Project from University of Tübingen to conduct research at the University of Mexico City, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM).
- Since 2014: Ph.D Student in Cultural Studies, Department of English Literature and Culture, Faculty of Philosophy, Eberhard Kalrs University Tübingen. Ph.D topic: “The Making of an Icon: St. Sebastian, Mishima, and Rumi in Queer Culture”
- Since 2016: Lecturer to the Chair of English Literature and Gender Studies with Prof. Dr. Ingrid Hotz-Davies, English Department, University of Tübingen
- Dec. 2017- Jan. 2018: Research Scholarship awarded by Global South Project from University of Tübingen to conduct research at the University of Mexico City, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM).
- Since 2014: Lecturer of English as a Second Language at Volkshochschule (VHS) Tübingen and Pfullingen.
- 2011- 2014: Master Degree in American Studies, Faculty of Philosophy, Eberhard Karls University Tübingen, Germany. (Thesis: The Role of Metaphor in the works of Robert Rauschenberg and Jasper Johns).
- 2007- 2009: Bachelor of Arts in Art from San Francisco State University, California, United States.
- Feb 24, 2009- March 19, 2009: Accepted to the 19th Annual Stillwell Student Show, Nominated for the Stillwell Award, SFSU, San Francisco, California, United States.
- 1995- 2001: Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc.) in Applied Electronics Engineering from Shiraz University, Iran.
- 1995: High School Diploma in Physics-Mathematics from Iran.
- “If Judy Garland why not Frida Kahlo”, (Forthcoming).
- “Transgression and Resistance in the Works of Nahum B. Zenil” (Forthcoming).
- “The Role of Metaphor and the idea of Metamorphsis”, in The Luxembourg Review(Nov. 2015).< https://theluxembourgreview.org/2015/11/01/the-role-of-metaphor-and-the-idea-of-metamorphosis/>.
- “Género y Espacio en Te Prometo Anarquíade Julio Hernández (2015)” Coloquio Internacional Cine Urbano: Estrategias para Comprender la Megaurbe. Universidad de Tübingen, Tübingen. 11 y 12 de julio, 2019.
- WiSe 19/20: (Queer) Bodies on Screen, Post-1900
- SuSe 18: Bodies in Pain
- SuSe 17: Queer films
- WiSe 16/17: Queer Culture, Art and Media