Successful conferences and workshops
From 3 to 4 November 2017, the workshop “The Building Blocks and Mortar of Meaning II”took place in Tübingen. It was organized by project A1 of the SFB 833 in cooperation with project B4 of the SFB 732 (Stuttgart) and the SRF Language and Cognition (Stuttgart).
Linguistic Evidence 2018, which was held by the SFB from 15 to 17 February 2018 in Tübingen, was a full success.
We really enjoyed the various contributions from and discussions with researchers from all over the world. Also, many SFB members held talks or poster presentations, see “The SFB abroad”.
Now we are looking forward to the conference proceedings.
From 7 to 9 of March 2018, the 40th annual meeting of the DGfS took place at the University of Stuttgart. The following three workshops in the framework of the conference were provided by SFB members:
- Workshop “Reference Beyond the DP: Towards a Crosslinguistic Typology of the Syntax and Semantics of Proforms” (organized by Vera Hohaus (B1) & Andreas Konietzko (A7))
- Workshop “Rede- und Gedankenwiedergabe in narrativen Strukturen” (organized by Maria Averintseva-Klisch (ass. A1), Stefan Engelberg (ass. A5) & Irene Rapp (A5))
- Workshop “Relating Elliptical Utterances to Information in Context” (organized by Ingo Reich & Susanne Winkler (A7))
Furthermore, several members of the SFB contributed to the conference with presentations, cf. “The SFB abroad”.
Two internal workshops for SFB members took place in March 2018:
- Introduction to Descriptive and Inferential Statistics (Robin Hörnig, Z2)
- Introduction to R (Edith Scheifele, B7)
Thank you very much, Robin and Edith! The workshops were really informative and helpful.Zurück