Application deadline: April 30, 2020 (early bird: February 29, 2020)
A complete and well-prepared application is a prerequisite for your possible admission to the program. We will only consider applications including all required supplemental documents and reach the office by the deadline of April 30, 2020 (early bird: February 29, 2020). Please note that your own institution may require an earlier submission. All documents have to be submitted in English.
Please prepare to submit the following documents with your application. The documents can be uploaded in the online application form.
(1) Letter of motivation (600 words), please consider the following questions:
- Why would you like to participate in the IES short-term program at the University of Tübingen?
- What is your special interest in Europe, the European Union and Germany?
- How do you think you will benefit from the program on an academic, professional and personal level?
- What are your hobbies and interests?
(2) Short CV
(3) Transcript of records (official, certified transcript showing courses and grades from the University you are currently enrolled at)
(4) If any: Proof of your proficiency in English (except native speakers), e.g. school certification or certificates of English language courses; TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, CPE, Cambridge certificate
(5) If any: Proof of your proficiency in German (except beginners and native speakers), e.g. certificates or course descriptions of German language courses (level and content)
Please use the following link to the online application form: Application Summer School II 2020
Should you have any questions or problems, please contact us at email@example.com.
The application deadline for the Summer School II is April 30, 2020 (early bird: February 29, 2020). Applications after this date will only be considered if there are still places available. In total there are 24 places available, early application is recommended. Admission criteria are mainly based on academic achievements and motivation for participating in the program.
The program fee is €2,800 (early bird by February 29, 2020: €2,400) and must be paid without delay after you have been accepted to the program. As soon as we have received the program fee we will send you a letter of confirmation as well as a letter of invitation for your visa application.
The program fee does not include any insurance coverage in case of illness, accident, personal damage or damage to property. Participants must provide their own health, accident and liability insurance.
Please note: Participants in the Summer School will not be enrolled as students of the University of Tübingen.
If you do need to withdraw from the Summer School II, the following cancellation policy will apply:
- Participants must send their cancellation in written form to the International & European Studies Program (by email, post or fax).
- Cancellations received by May 15, 2020 will incur a charge of 30% of the program fee.
- Cancellations received between May 16 and May 31, 2020 will incur a charge of 50% of the program fee.
- If you cancel between June 1, 2020 and after the start of the program, no part of the fee will be reimbursed.
In the case of cancellation of the Summer School II due to a lack of participants the International & European Studies Program will reimburse the complete amount of money paid by the participant, but will have no further liability to the participant. The International & European Studies Program does not cover any other costs of the participants, such as travel bookings, visa fees etc. If the International & European Studies Program has to cancel a course or an excursion for any reason beyond its control, it will not be held liable.
The International & European Studies Program and the organizers and teachers of the International & European Studies Program shall not be held accountable for any damage to personal property or any injuries suffered during the program. Nor shall the International & European Studies Program be held accountable for any damage caused by participants to other persons or property.
The participant agrees to the storage and use of personal data for internal organization of the application. Personal data storage protection is governed by Federal German Data Protection Act. Participant’s personal data will be forwarded to the host family, to IES participants as well as to Tübingen students who participate in the Buddy Program to provide contact details. Within the organization of study trips participant’s personal data will be forwarded to make travel reservations as well as to institutions which require a registration for a visit (e.g. European Parliament in Strasbourg, German Bundestag in Berlin). The participant can demand the deletion of her/his personal data for the future at any time and without giving reasons.