A scientific working group of the Center for Interdisciplinary and Intercultural Studies (former Forum Scientiarum) of the University of Tübingen and the Department of Philosophy of the University of Cluj
in cooperation with the Universities of Bologna, Messina, Vienna and Zagreb
Prof. Dr. Francesco Cattaneo (University of Bologna), Prof. Dr. Virgil Ciomos (Babes-Bolyai University Of Cluj, Romanian Academy, Fundatia Colegiul Noua Europa), Prof. Dr. Ion Copoeru (Babes-Bolyai University Of Cluj), Prof. Dr. Giuliana Gregorio (University of Messina), Dietmar Koch (University of Tübingen), Prof. Dr. Igor Mikecin (University of Zagreb), Assistant Professor/Lecturer Dr. Alina Noveanu (Babes-Bolyai University Cluj), Prof. Dr. Georg Stenger (University of Vienna), Dr. Niels Weidtmann, Scientific Director of the Center for Interdisciplinary and Intercultural Studies of the University of Tübingen (former Forum scientiarum)
Researcher, Dr. Cristian Bodea, Romanian Academy, Cluj Branch, Lect.Dr. Alina Noveanu, Babes-Bolyai University Cluj.
Center for Interdisciplinary and Intercultural Studies Dr. Niels Weidtmann , Scientific Director (University of Tübingen), Philosophical Seminar: Dietmar Koch Scientific Assistant (University of Tübingen), Prof. Dr. Ion Copoeru (Babes-Bolyai University of Cluj) Lect. Dr. Alina Noveanu(Babes-Bolyai University of Cluj).
The working group seeks contact with top researchers from all areas who are interested in a philosophical-interdisciplinary discussion on anthropological issues and represents an open discussion forum for both young and established scientists and students.
The starting point of the joint work is the question of the position of humans in relation to and in the world. However, the working group does not want to look for metaphysical answers, but rather work strictly phenomenologically and descriptively. This also means that an important aim is to include the contributions of the individual sciences. Central questions involving phenomenological anthropology such as the question of the importance of the physicality of man (embodiment) the question of the relationship of the individual to the community, questions about the cultural existence of man, etc. serve as a guide for the discussions. In addition, the focus is on the different influences that these questions and the answers found in each case within the historical designs in Europe and beyond the continent.
As a result, topics that are traditionally dealt with in the field of philosophical discussion also gain socio-political relevance beyond the existential dimension. To achieve the stated goals, the working group plans to organize conferences every two years on scientifically relevant topics that are currently being discussed in the philosophical-interdisciplinary areas of phenomenological anthropology, psychology, medicine, linguistics and political philosophy.
In addition, the exchange of lectures between the participating universities is to be promoted. By including students and doctoral students in the projects of the working group, we would also like to draw their attention to the universities involved in the cluster and encourage them to participate in exchange-programs and summer-schools.
- 6-8 July 2017, "On Pain “, University of Tübingen, promoted by the Excellence Initiative of the Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen
- 15-17. Nov 2018 “Ethics of Lust.” Interdisciplinary debates promoted by the Excellence Initiative of the Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen. Special Guest: Martin Walser
The results were published as special issues of the „International Journal on Humanistic Ideology” (Editor-In-Chief Prof. Virgil Ciomos ).
- Noveanu, C. Bodea Pain and Pleasure/Schmerz und Lust International Journal on Humanistic Ideology, Vol X/I, Pain and pleasure, No. 1 2020, 259 p.
- Noveanu, Bodea Pain and Pleasure/Schmerz und Lust International Journal on Humanistic Ideology, Vol X/I, Pain and pleasure, No. 1 2020, 219 p.
- “Crisis and Crisis in European Philosophy”, “Art and Truth (a phenomenological analysis of existence)”.
- In preparation for the conferences, individual stays as well as joint workshops and reading groups are organized at the partner universities (next workshop date: Cluj, March 2022).
- The conference results will initially be made available to the participants as PDF documents
- A selection of the contributions will be proposed for publication.
- Applications can be submitted to foundations and insititutions in all countries of the partner universities.