Current Employment and Positions
- Associated researcher, Department of Japanese Studies, University of Tübingen
- Summer Semester 2020 Professor of Japanese Studies, University Tübingen
- 2019 Research Fellow at the International Institute for Asian Studies (IIAS), Leiden, the Netherlands
- 2014-2018 Professor for Development Studies and Political Science, Department of Development Studies, University of Vienna.
- 2013 Research Fellow at the Koninklijk Instituut voor Taal-, Land- en Volkenkunde (KITLV) [Royal Netherlands Institute of Southeast Asian and Caribbean Studies] Leiden, Netherlands.
- 2010-2013 Professor for Development Studies and Political Science, Department of Development Studies, University of Vienna.
- 2008-2010 Lecturer / Assistant Professor (Akademischer Rat) for political science at the Institute for Social Science, Department of Political Science, University of Hildesheim (Germany).
- 2008 Guest lecturer at the Faculty of Political Science of Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok.
- 2002-2007 Lecturer (Wissenschaftlicher Assistent, C1) for Southeast Asian studies, Institute of Oriental and Asian Studies, University of Bonn
- 2000-2001 Invited Foreign Research Fellow 招聘研究員 at the National Language Research Institute 国立国語研究所, Tokyo.
Education and Academic Degrees
- 2000 Doctor of Philosophy at the University of Tübingen.
- since 1990 Student of Japanese Studies, Korean Studies, General Linguistics, and Computer Science at the University of Tübingen and at the Waseda University Tokyo
German (native), English (fairly good), Japanese, Thai, French, Dutch (good), basic competence in Asian languages (Chinese, Burmese, Korean, Mongolian).