34th & 35th AKS Summer Program for International Students
The Academy of Korean Studies (AKS) is pleased to announce "The 34th & 35th AKS Summer Program for International Students".
As an important part of our mission is to cultivate young leaders, who can contribute to the development of Korean studies, the academy has organized an intensive summer program for international undergraduate students in Korean studies. This program is composed of various components, such as special lectures on Korea, intensive Korean language course, field trips, excursions, and traditional cultural activities. Since its starting in 1993, we held the program for 33 times and 940 students from over 70 countries attended the program.
In 2021 and 2022, in light of the COVID-19 situation, AKS Summer Program was conducted online.
In 2023, since the pandemic situation improves, the program will be conducted in person.
If you want to participate in AKS Summer Program for International Students that will be held twice during summer vacation, please refer to the following and apply.
- The 34th: July 3 (Mon) ∼ July 21 (Fri), 2023 (3 weeks)
- The 35th: August 7 (Mon) ∼ August 25 (Fri), 2023 (3 weeks)
※ Please choose one that is more convenient for you. You CANNOT select both.
Language of the Program: Korean
※ The participants are recommended to possess basic Korean language skills.
Eligibility and Required Documents
Undergraduate students of second year or above from universities abroad who are majoring or minoring in Korean Studies and/or those who took Korea-related courses from their universities.
※ Those who are in graduate school or hold Korean nationality are not eligible for this program.
※ For those who took Korea related courses, the course names should be specified in the transcript.
※ If applicant’s university does not offer Korean Studies major or Korea-related courses, Korean language institute certificate can be substituted for university transcript.
- Required Documents
- Application form
- Certificate of Enrollment
- Official University Transcripts
- “Korean Proficiency Evaluation Sheet” included in the application form (No.7)
- (Optional) Certificate(s) to prove Korean language proficiency
- TOPIK(Korean Proficiency Test) Score Report (Level 3 or higher) or
- Certificate of a Korean language program
※ All documents should be written in Korean or English. If not, translation of the document into Korean or English should be submitted as well.
- February 6 (Mon) [10AM] ∼ March 3 (Fri) [4PM], 2023
※ Korea Standard Time
※ Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Through the official website of Academy of Korean Studies
- The 34th : apply (July program)
- The 35th : apply (August program)
Notification of the Acceptance
- The result will be announced individually via e-mail on April 7 (Fri), 2023.
- The Academy of Korean Studies will cover the cost of registration, lectures, accommodations, and meals during the program as well as expenses incurred during field trips and excursions.
※ All participants are responsible for their own travel expenses including the round-trip airfare, transportation fee between airport and AKS and medical insurance.