Weave Lead Agency Initiative: Additional Collaboration Opportunity between the DFG and F.R.S.-FNRS and FWO (Belgium)
The Weave Lead Agency Procedure (Weave) developed by European funding organizations to support excellent collaborative research across borders was launched in December 2020. By means of a single review process, the initiative aims to simplify the submission and selection procedures for closely integrated collaborative research proposals involving researchers from up to three European countries or regions. From 1 January 2022 on, the cooperation with F.R.S.-FNRS and FWO (Belgium) commences and opens up new collaboration opportunities.
Background information on the Weave Lead Agency Procedure:
- Within Weave, researchers from two up to three European countries or regions can submit a collaborative research proposal to any of the participating funders.
- To submit a proposal, all applicants must meet the eligibility requirements of their respective Weave signatory organization.
- Weave is based on the Lead Agency Procedure principle. The team of applicants selects a coordinating applicant, who submits the joint proposal to the respective Weave funding organization in his/her country. This organization acts as the Lead Agency for the proposal and conducts the evaluation process. Following the assessment, it communicates its funding recommendation to the other funding organizations involved (the Partner Agencies) for approval and budgetary purposes.
- For further information on the Weave Lead Agency Procedure, please refer to Information on Weave on the DFG-webpage and the website of the Weave Initiative (see links below).
Proposals with DFG as the Lead Agency and F.R.S.-FNRS or FWO as Partner Agency can be submitted starting from 1 January 2022. To ensure a decision can be reached in 2022, these proposals have to be submitted before 1 April 2022.
A copy of the proposal must be submitted to the respective Partner Agency within seven days. Please make sure to also consult the websites of the other funding organizations involved in a proposal (see links below), as there may be important information to consider prior to submitting a proposal, e.g. eligibility requirements, deadlines, submission of additional documents, etc.
To submit a Weave Lead Agency Proposal with either F.R.S.-FNRS or FWO as the Lead Agency, please consult the websites of these two funding organizations for important information on eligibility requirements, deadlines, etc. (see links below).
Information on Weave in German (Antragstellung mit europäischen Kooperationspartnerinnen und -partnern im Weave Lead Agency-Verfahren): www.dfg.de/lead_agency_weave
Information on Weave in English: www.dfg.de/lead_agency_weave/en
Supplementary instructions for proposals within the Weave Lead Agency Procedure; „Ergänzender Leitfaden zur Antragstellung im Rahmen einer grenzüberschreitenden Kooperation im Weave Lead Agency-Verfahren (Weave LAV)” (DFG-Vordruck 54.019): www.dfg.de/formulare/54_019
Contact at DFG:
- weave @dfg.de
Further information of the partner organisations in Belgium:
- Information provided by F.R.S.-FNRS: www.frs-fnrs.be/en/financements/credits-et-projets#pdr-weave
- Information provided by FWO:
- General info on Weave: www.fwo.be/en/fellowships-funding/international-collaboration/intra-european-research-projects/weave
- FWO as Lead Agency: www.fwo.be/en/fellowships-funding/international-collaboration/intra-european-research-projects/weave/weave-fwo-lead
- FWO as Partner Agency: www.fwo.be/en/fellowships-funding/international-collaboration/intra-european-research-projects/weave/weave-fwo-partner
- General website of the Weave Initiative: www.weave-research.net
For more information, please see www.dfg.de/en/research_funding/announcements_proposals/2021/info_wissenschaft_21_106Back