Post-doctoral Researcher (m/f/d, E 13 TV-L, 100%)
Faculty of Catholic Theology, Elie Wiesel Research Center
Bewerbungsfrist : 15.12.2021
The University of Tübingen’s Elie Wiesel Research Center and The Luxembourg School of Religion & Society (LSRS) recruit a
Post-doctoral Researcher & Project Coordinator (m/f/d, E 13 TV-L, 100%)
from 1st March 2022.
This position is part of the research project “Re-inscribing Religion in Society after the ‘Death’ of God and Man in Auschwitz – Elie Wiesel’s Work as a Contribution to the Culture of Religious Remembrance and Renewal in the Context of Combating Anti-Semitism,” funded both by the Excellence Strategy of the German Federal and State Governments at the University of Tübingen and by the LSRS, conducted by Prof. Dr. Reinhold Boschki (Tübingen University) and Prof. Dr. Jean Ehret (LSRS). Within the framework of a so-called Exploration Fund, the project aims at raising third-party funds for a subsequent funding period.
Duration of the fixed-term contract: 3 years, based in Tübingen (with periods of time spent in Luxembourg)
Workload: 39,5 hours/week (full time).
Salary: according to rank E 13 TV-L (100%).
- Develop a personal post-doctoral research project (for habilitation) in the context of the complete works of Elie Wiesel in an interdisciplinary and comparative perspective,
- Coordination of the Network to be established as part of the project in close cooperation with Prof. Boschki and Prof. Ehret,
- Elaborate in cooperation with Prof. Boschki, Prof. Ehret, and the team of the Elie Wiesel Research Center proposals for national and international grant applications,
- Teaching (4 SWS),
- Organize meetings, conferences, and symposia,
- Administrative tasks.
- doctorate in Judaic studies or theology, philosophy, religious studies, Jewish studies, holocaust studies or similar fields,
- very good knowledge in German, French, and preferably English;
- ideally experience in science management,
- communication and teamwork skills.
As a post-doctoral researcher in this project, you become a member of the Elie Wiesel Research Center and collaborate intensely with its members. Personal exchange and discussions are key elements of your position. You investigate Wiesel’s works and write an original Academic work according to the perspective of the research project. The elaboration of grant applications familiarizes you with Academic administration. You contribute to the edition of Elie Wiesel’s complete works and thus to keeping the memory alive and to combatting antisemitism.
Applications from equally qualified candidates with disabilities will be given preference. The University of Tübingen strives to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching and therefore especially encourages qualified female scientists to apply.
We look forward to receiving your detailed application by email, accompanied by the usual documents (curriculum vitae, references, certificates, etc.) and a letter of motivation in one single pdf file. Please send it to reinhold.boschki before 15th December 2021 mentioning the keyword EW2022 in the subject of your e-mail. @uni-tuebingen.de
This position is part of the activities developed under the Memorandum of Understanding signed on August 28, 2019, between the LSRS and the University of Tübingen.Zurück