The Durham-Tübingen Seedcorn Fund is part of our renewed strategic partnership, which was signed in January 2024. The Fund is open for joint research collaborations in the following five priority themes:
- Climate Change and Clean Energy
- Health and Life Sciences
- Heritage and Culture
- Biosciences and the Environment
- Emerging Technologies (Quantum Sciences and Technologies, Digital, Data Sciences and AI)
Summary of features:
- Applications will be invited for a maximum of €20,000 per research project.
- The funding will be available for joint research projects between 6 months to 24 months.
- Projects will run anytime from August 2024 to July 2026.
- Applicants/PIs must be members of academic staff who are currently employed at either Durham or Tübingen Universities. They can be at any stage of their careers.
- It is expected that the Seedcorn funding for research will lead to the submission of an external grant application and/or significant research output.
- Call launched: 22 January 2024
- Deadline for submissions: 17th May 2024, 12.00 CET
- Proposals are to be prepared jointly and submitted by the Lead Applicant.
- Applications must be submitted through the online Application Form
- Guidelines on the application can be found here
- The application questions can be accessed here
For further information about the call, links to counterparts in the two institutions and how you can benefit from the fund, please contact:
Durham - Peter Bainbridge, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tübingen - Dr. Cornelia Köhler, email@example.com