Prof. Dr. Markus Janczyk
Markus Janczyk was a Juniorprofessor and head of the group "Cognition and Action" (Abteilung "Kognition und Handlung") from 10/2014-3/2019.
He is now a full professor at the University of Bremen: www.uni-bremen.de/psychologie
Full CV (german / english) (both discontinued)
|since 4/2019||Full professor for "Forschungsmethoden und Evaluation" at the University of Bremen, head of the Research Group "Research Methods and Cognitive Psychology"|
|2-3/2018||Visiting Researcher at the Department of Psychology at the University of California at Riverside (CA, USA). Host: Prof. David A. Rosenbaum|
|Summer term 2017||Stand-in Professor (W3) "Cognitive Psychology (Cognition and Language)" at Eberhard Karls University Tübingen|
|Winter term 2016/2017||Stand-in Professor (W3) "Biological Psychology" at Eberhard Karls University Tübingen|
|11/2014||Habilitation at the Faculty of Human Sciences at Julius Maximilians University Würzburg ("Dr. habil.")|
|10/2014-3/2019||Juniorprofessor for Cognitive Psychology "Cognition and Action" at Eberhard Karls University Tübingen|
|10/2010-9/2014||Research Associate ("Akademischer Rat a.Z.) at the Department of Psychology III (Prof. Dr. W. Kunde) at Julius Maximilians University Würzburg|
|8/2010||Ph.D. ("Dr. phil.") in Psychology at Dortmund University of Technology|
|6/2008||"Diplom" in Psychology at Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg|
|10/2007-9/2010||Research Associate at the Department of Psychology at Dortmund University of Technology (Group "Psychological Research Methods", Prof. Dr. W. Kunde)|
|7/2003||"1. Staatsexamen für das Lehramt an Sonderschulen" (degree for being a teacher for handicapped children) at University of Education Heidelberg|
Current research grants:
- German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, DFG) JA2307/6-1: Revealing mechanisms underlying backward crosstalk effects in multitasking. Cooperation project with Prof. Rolf Ulrich (University of Tübingen) within the DFG priority program (SPP) 1772 "Human performance under multiple cognitive task requirements: From basic mechanisms to optimized task scheduling"
- German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, DFG) Project B2 within the collaborative research center SFB 833: Time course of presupposition processing (together with Prof. Dr. Gerhard Jäger, General Linguistics, University of Tübingen, and Prof. Dr. Michael Franke, University of Osnabrück)
- German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, DFG) JA2307/1-2: On distinguishing human behavior by means of their mutual interference
Past research grants:
- German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, DFG) JA2307/1-1: On distinguishing human behavior by means of their mutual interference
- German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, DFG) JA2307/3-1: The role of effect monitoring for dual-task performance. Cooperation project with Prof. Wilfried Kunde (University of Würzburg) within the DFG priority program (SPP) 1772 "Human performance under multiple cognitive task requirements: From basic mechanisms to optimized task scheduling"
- Ministerium für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg (MWK): Types and sources of backward crosstalk
- Cognitive Psychology: Lectures (for psychology majors and minors; cognitive basis of action control [including perception and action, attention, psychomotricity, ...], learning, memory, language, consciousness, thinking/problem solving, motivation, emotion, biological psychology), seminars (action control, language, learning and memory), exercises
- Methods and Statistics: Lectures on inferential statistics (including PSY210 Statistical Methods at the University of Nevada at Reno, USA), seminars (mathematical models in psychology, introduction to scientific working, introduction to statistical software), diverse exercises/practical classes (experimental course, observational methods)
Other scientific activity:
- Support for young scientists: I initiated and organized the 1st PhD Summer School Cognitive Psychology 2012 in Würzburg (together with R. Pfister). I also organized two Winter/Summer schools on action control, one 2015 in Romania (together with Stefan Scherbaum), one 2017 in Tübingen, and I organized the HexKoP 2016. For more information on these events, click here.
- Since 2017, I am serving as the deputy speaker ("Beisitzer") of the section "Allgemeine Psychologie" of the German Psychological Society (DGPs).
- From 2015-2018, I served as the elected PI representative of the DFG Priority Program 1772 on multitasking (1st funding period).
- Scientific Journals: Acta Psychologica; Advances in Cognitive Psychology; American Journal of Psychology; Attention, Perception, & Psychophysics; Cognition; Cognitive Science; Cognitive Processing; Consciousness and Cognition; Experimental Brain Research; Experimental Psychology; Frontiers in Psychology; Human Brain Mapping; Journal of Cognitive Psychology; Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance; Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition; Learning and Individual Differences; Memory & Cognition; New Ideas in Psychology; PLoS One; Psychological Research; Psychonomic Bulletin & Review; Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology; The Clinical Neuropsycholoigst
- Third-party sponsors: Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG), Schweizer Nationalfond (SNF)