In the 2nd year of the programme, our students work on their Master's theses in the workgroup of the respective supervisor.
Beforehand they have to apply for the admission of the Master's thesis using the following form
If you intend to start your thesis, please fill out the form and hand it in directly to the Examination Office Mathematics and Physics (Mrs. Sandra Grahl, see https://uni-tuebingen.de/en/faculties/faculty-of-science/departments/mathematics/department/courses-programs/students/examinations/examination-office-mathematics-and-physics/).
The thesis has to include a declaration of originality such as
Hereby I confirm, ____________________________________, Matr. Nr. _________________, that this assignment is my own work and that I have only sought and used mentioned tools. I have clearly referenced in the text and the bibliography all sources used in the work (printed sources, internet or any other source), including verbatim citations or paraphrases. I am aware of the fact that plagiarism is an attempt to deceit which, in case of recurrence, can result in a loss of test authorization. Furthermore, I confirm that neither this work nor parts of it have been previously, or concurrently, used as an exam work – neither for other courses nor within other exam processes.
Place and date ______________________ Signature __________________
Here, we list some currently open theses. Please note, that this is not a complete list and if you are interested in a special topic, please contact the specific Professor directly.
- Topics in the field of High Energy Astrophysics offered by the group of Prof. Andrea Santangelo: uni-tuebingen.de/en/99152
- Topics in the field of X-Ray Astrophysics in the group of Dr. Victoria Grinberg, see astro.uni-tuebingen.de/~grinberg
- Topics for Master theses offered by the working group of Prof. Klaus Werner are listed here: uni-tuebingen.de/en/146226
- Topics offered by Prof. Beate Stelzer: uni-tuebingen.de/en/faculties/faculty-of-science/departments/physics/institutes/astronomy-astrophysics/institute/astronomie/research/junprof-stelzer-abteilung-astronomie/bachelor-master-projects/
- Topics in the group of Prof. Willy Kley include various aspects in the early phases of stellar evolution and planet formation: Theory of accretion disks, formation and evolution of planetary systems from dust aggregates to fully grown planets. See also the youtube channel of the group https://www.youtube.com/user/CPTuebingen/videos. If you are interested, please contact Prof. Kley.
- Topics in the field of Dr. Rolf Kuiper, head of the Emmy-Noether-Group on Massive Star Formation: www.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de/~msf/EN-MSF/Vacancies.html
- Topics for Master theses in the working group of Christoph Schäfer in the department of Computational Physics: www.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de/~schaefer/teach/theses.html