Program Outline for Students from Tübingen
Students from Tübingen spend their first year of their studies at the School of Business and Economics of the University of Tübingen and the second year at iaelyon School of Management (Université Jean Moulin Lyon 3). This double degree allows students to combine their studies in European Management with a master degree in a specific subject of interest at our partner university in the beautiful city of Lyon. During this second year students have the option to choose one of the various master programs on offer at iea Lyon (see below for details) to complete their Master Thesis and double degree at our partner university.
The German French University has decided to support students in this program with a scholarship which is awarded based on academic merit and serves to aid students bear additional living expenses that occur during their study abroad.
Courses start in October in Tübingen
incl. Master Thesis (24 ECTS credits)
Degree in Lyon determines course language (French or English)
Specializations in Tübingen determine course language (English or German)
|Modules / Areas||ECTS credits|
|Tübingen (first year)||Core Studies|| |
|Specialization Studies||18-33|| |
|Lyon (second year)||Modules according to the master / specialization||36|
|Six month internship (compulsory for the validation of the degree in Lyon|
- Industrial Organization
- International Business
- International Accounting, Auditing and Corporate Governance
- HRM and Organization
- International Business Taxation
- Managerial Accounting and Controlling
- Master Finance – Master in Finance (French)
- Master CCA – Master in Accountancy, Controlling and Auditing (French)
- Master Contrôle de Gestion et Audit Organisationnel – Master in Controlling and Auditing (French)
- Master Management et Commerce International – Master in International Management (Please note the International Business Realities Program in English is part of the Master Management et commerce international)
- Master Marketing, Vente – Master in Marketing and Sales (French)
- Master Gestion des Ressources Humaines - Master in Human Resources Management (French)
For further information on all these master programs at the iaelyon School of Management click here.
Graduates will also find themselves well-positioned to pursue a Ph.D. subsequent to this M.Sc. program. For this purpose, students may study this M.Sc. program on a Ph.D. track, putting themselves on a fast track to a doctoral degree.
Bachelor Degree Certificate in Business Administration, Economics or related fields with a final grade of at least 2.5 or better according to the German grading system. (The final grades of international applicants will be converted into the German grading system and therefore also be subject to this rule).
- A certificate stating that the applicant has successfully completed a first university degree or a certificate (or equivalent documents) providing evidence of the successful completion of at least the year prior to his/her final examination in the equivalent studies.
- Degree should preferably amount to 180 ECTS.
Complete Transcript of Records with a final grade or calculated grade average. Transcripts of Records containing generic module titles (such as Business Administration I, II and III) should be accompanied by detailed module descriptions.
The transcript should prove the applicant has solid intermediate knowledge in
- Business Administration,
- Economics and
- Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics
- if available, please provide proof of region-specific knowledge or relevant language skills
CV in tabular format in English or German
Please provide us with a letter of motivation explaining your reasons for applying for this degree and outlining your qualifications for it. Kindly limit yourself to one page, the letter may be composed either in English or in German.
Students should indicate their reasons for applying for the double degree program, their choice of partner university and their intended program of study.
Proof of English Language Qualification
- TOEFL ibt: 80 or
- TOEFL pbt: 550 or
- IELTS: 6.0 (overall band) or
- Cambridge: CAE, CPE or BEC Higher or
- TOEIC: 700 or
- UniCert III Certificate or
- German Abitur including at least 6 (G8) or 7 (G9) years of English or
- Transcript of Studies proving at least 30 ECTS-Credits were obtained in English-taught modules or
- Bachelor degree in English/America Studies or
- University degree obtained in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand.
Proof of French language skills (not an official requirement but relevant for students planning to choose one of the tracks taught in French in Lyon)
Proof of ability to study in German (only for international students):
- Information of German Language Requirements can be found on the website of the Student Affairs Office.
Further documents proving specific qualifications relevant to the desired course of study may be submitted. Examples of these additional documents are, among others, proof of additional foreign language skills, results of standardized tests specific to the fields of Business and Economics (such as GRE or GMAT) and certificates of participation in summer schools or research projects that are not documented in the applicant's academic transcript. Please note that neither a GMAT nor a GRE are a prerequisite for any of our M.Sc. programs but that they may serve as an indication that the applicant possesses a certain skill set.
Note: It is not compulsory to send reference letters. However, if you wish to hand in reference letters, you can do so voluntarily.
Please note that we as the academic advisory team are not in a position to provide accurate information regarding the recognition of international degrees in Germany. These matters are handled by our central Student Affairs Office (Advising and Admission of International Students) who can provide information about the recognition of specific degrees as well as grade conversion.
Incoming applications will be reviewed by the admission committee to determine whether they meet the entry requirements and then ranked according to the grades the applicants obtained in ther undergraduate studies and other criteria.
application portal opens
offer letters are sent out by the end of June
start of the M.Sc. program in Tübingen
After the admission committee has reviewed the applications they will invite the best candidates to take part in the next stage of the admission process, the interviews. Invitations will be sent out via email at least three days before the interview and will state the day and the time of the interview. Please make sure that you regularly check your emails. Interviews are conducted via Zoom. Admitted candidates will receive an admission letter 1-3 weeks after the interview. Students who receive an offer have only a limited period of time to accept the offer and matriculate at the University of Tübingen before the offer becomes invalid and the spot will be offered to the next candidate on the list.
The program is free of tuition fees for all EU residents, students are only obliged to pay a small administrational fee and a contribution to the student union to matriculate.
The state of Baden-Württemberg has introduced fees for international non-EU students and second-degree students in recent years. For background information and for fee exemption options, please refer to the following link: